• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: PETA Releases Pokémon Parody Game

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob from Accounting

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least this one is kinda relevant unlike the Tanooki suit stupidity. Pokemon really is a game centered around animal cruelty. The fanbase has been making jokes about it for years, though, so PETA are somewhat late to the party. Anyway, I'm sure that there's some real animal cruelty going on somewhere that they could be trying to deal with. You know, in the real world... with real animals.

I'd recommend loading up the game just to hear the battle music, though. It's amazing. I want to hear it in a proper Pokemon game someday. Sure, the forced and preachy dialogue makes it unplayable for very long but still. Dat music.
lLuffyl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:21 pm Reply with quote
I like how they draw beaten animals covered in blood all the time when they're disgusted by that.
ani12

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:28 pm Reply with quote
You know, PETA, there's a reason people compare you to Team Plasma. This does not help to diffuse that idea. =/

Besides, we know the only reason you even bothered was to get attention from Black/White 2's release yesterday.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Freakmasta wrote:

Or like in Robot Chicken, it's a sick dance/drug party.

I've seen that sketch but I prefer the simple bachelor pad in the fanart spoof. Robot Chicken has to make everything edgy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Clyde_Cash

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:42 pm Reply with quote
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Bob from Accounting wrote:
Well, at least this one is kinda relevant unlike the Tanooki suit stupidity. Pokemon really is a game centered around animal cruelty. The fanbase has been making jokes about it for years, though, so PETA are somewhat late to the party.
Does anybody happen to know when the first comparison of Pokemon to superpowered cock fighting was made?
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Nothing to see here, people - move along! Rolling Eyes
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
Dragonites and Gengars have feelings, too!

Gengars are ghost pokemon, hence they're dead and PeTA no longer cares about them.

Plus, they're not cute. PeTA only fights for cute, fuzzywuzzies, like Minccinos and Meowths.

I have to admit that this story makes me laugh for the sheer stupidity involved. But what I also find equally amusing is that Pokemon fans (or people who hate PeTA) are equally as vocal about protecting the make-believe creatures.

Ignore PeTA. Eventually, they'll go away.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Good Idea; I propose this - We make PETA a non-entity. I'm sure if we present this to enough people to not pay any attention to them, we can destroy them.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I think the irony of them supporting Plasma-dan, who are based on the old fanatic Christianity cult which forced its views on other people and is lead by Jesus, is lost on them.

This just reminds me of 4Kids work on Mewtwo Strikes Back where they edited everything to be some big anti-violence/fighting message in some kind of attempt to teach morals or a 'valuable lesson'. This is like saying Naruto promotes child soldiers and abuse.
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm an animal rights supporter, but PETA is a company that always disgusts me...

Quote:
This just reminds me of 4Kids work on Mewtwo Strikes Back where they edited everything to be some big anti-violence/fighting message in some kind of attempt to teach morals or a 'valuable lesson'. This is like saying Naruto promotes child soldiers and abuse.

Can't go a single thread without bringing up your distaste for US Pokemon, can you?
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:51 pm Reply with quote
In the long history of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals organization doing dumb things,this is just beyond dumb. It rises to the realm of idiotic. I doubt this'll sell well,but regardless,their game is needless. I hope "X-Play" tears PETA's little parody game to pieces. I hate to break to the people at PETA but pokemon aren't real! They never were!
I agree with those like fullmetaldango. The people at PETA didn't do their homework. In both the games,and their anime and manga incarnations,pokemon and their trainers are friends and they get stronger by being treated well. The pokemon would fight for their trainers by how well they're treated. Abusive trainers are looked down upon.

This is just another publicity stunt by PETA to get more attention. I hope that Nintendo and those associated with them take PETA to court. I think they deserve at least that.
lostrune

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:52 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:

Don't remind me of that bad first movie adaption. Laughing But no one cares about kids though, it's all about them cute animals. How funny though they bash Satoshi in this, when he's like the paragon of good Pokemon Trainers.
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Oh PETA, you so zany. Although the thought of a game about a Pokemon revolution does intrigue me.. HMM.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:56 pm Reply with quote
So this is the left-wing equivalent of Dan Quayle criticizing fictional character Murphy Brown for having a baby out of wedlock, I guess?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10