• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haruhi Suzumiya: Over One Million CDs Served

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Zin5ki wrote:
Instead of "Super Driver", it should have been a variation on that of the previous series: "Broken the-show the-show".

I lol'd, seriously XD
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Really great news and all, considering how good the tracks have been and how well-produced they are.

.......Now, after 25 CDs, how about that OST, finally? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
PhoenixHeart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:52 am Reply with quote
This news had me laughing out loud spontaniously in a Lelouch manner, thinking of the irony of Endless Eight's quality verses success of Super Driver. It's like a evil plan that work's out, no matter what crazy experiments they're doing with the series, merchandise and the likes still sell.

I'll be literally rofl'ing if the DVDs even end up selling well Anime hyper
BUT! I must admit I enjoyed every bit of Suzumiya music till now, even if it's ridiculously energetic and cute - but hey, that's why I love anime music, so why even deny it? Anime smile Suzumiya's music is like concentrated, thick anime music juice - the kind that frightens any non-anime-viewer for life - or fascinate any passionate anime fan in equal ammount.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:08 am Reply with quote
4nBlue wrote:
Shiroi Hane wrote:
4nBlue wrote:
Quote:
Bouken de-show de-show

I'm pretty sure that should be Bouken desho desho? (冒険でしょでしょ?).

See animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=381872#381872
Damn you Japanese and your weird romanisation choices, who the heck would use something like de-show instead of a real word like desho and still write it in hiragana.

I'm thinking whoever designed the CD art was either aiming for an artsy spelling, making an attempt at a pun or was simply retarded.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
nagato316

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote
PhoenixHeart wrote:
This news had me laughing out loud spontaniously in a Lelouch manner, thinking of the irony of Endless Eight's quality verses success of Super Driver. It's like a evil plan that work's out, no matter what crazy experiments they're doing with the series, merchandise and the likes still sell.

I'll be literally rofl'ing if the DVDs even end up selling well Anime hyper

In response to that, I submit for your perusal the speculation of Mr. John Oppliger from Animenation.

Quote:
If “Endless Eight” is, as I suspect, an elaborate joke simultaneously with and at the expense of otaku, I think we’ll see that especially borne out by the current series’ eventual Japanese home video release. It may seem unfathomable to Americans to eagerly purchase multiple nearly identical episodes on DVD, especially at Japanese DVD prices, which are double or more the price of American anime DVDs. But I can already envision fanatic Japanese otaku eagerly measuring and proclaiming their otaku status by having the willingness and determination to buy all of the “Endless Eight” episodes on DVD. That’s a distinct opposition between Japanese and American otaku. Japanese fans take pride and enjoyment in spending exorbitantly on anime goods.

If he's right, prepare for some serious laughter...from yourself as per your previous comment, and of course from Kadokawa and Kyoani execs...all the way to the bank. Unless you're talking strictly R1 DVD sales (when/if Bandai decides to take a chance on releasing this train wreck), in which case, don't worry about it. *shrug*

If you're curious, here's his take on Endless Eight in further detail.
MJP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:00 pm Reply with quote
Eye dishugree with thuh complayners who stayt that Bouken De-show De-show is nawt beeying romaneyesed cuhrectly. Obviusslee evureething that iz pronownsed is spelled eksaktly the weigh it sownds.

... really? So we're taking Engrish at face value as 100% official now?

Ban me if you want. It only shows that you're obvious total literalists who can't put intent over content. You're basically stating that every single misspelled translation of English in any language, ever, needs to be displayed AS IT IS FOREVER. Take some goddamn creative liberties to get the point across, ANN.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 am Reply with quote
When it's licensed, I'm still going to buy it all on DVD, or, hopefully, BluRay (if I have a player by the time it's released).

I'd even buy it as singles, even if that means getting one disk that'd be nothing but "Endless Eight" episodes (presumably parts 4 through 7, assuming that the first disk would be "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody" plus the first three parts of "Endless Eight").

The longer "Endless Eight" goes on, the less I am annoyed by it because I admire the sheer audacity of the endeavor.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mchenlee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:29 am Reply with quote
Thanks for the links to Bouken Des... Des... CD photos. I never get tired of seeing Aya Hirano's beautiful legs.

September 9 (9-9-9) comes on sale Aya Hirano PVs DVD (already ordered my copy @ cdjapan, of course). Hope there is a romanisation of Bouken Des... Des..., bringing the discussion to an end.
nagato316

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote
mchenlee wrote:
Thanks for the links to Bouken Des... Des... CD photos. I never get tired of seeing Aya Hirano's beautiful legs.

Way to put this whole Bouken Des*** Des*** thing in perspective and focus on the important stuff! I salute you! Very Happy

mchenlee wrote:

September 9 (9-9-9) comes on sale Aya Hirano PVs DVD (already ordered my copy @ cdjapan, of course). Hope there is a romanisation of Bouken Des... Des..., bringing the discussion to an end.

I don't know if this compilation of promo videos is for the Haruhi songs and/or Aya's other stuff, but it's gotta be said...it's so Haruhi-esque for this to come out on "Number Nine...Number Nine...Number Nine..."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2