• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Needless - is it actually Needless?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrdb

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Every review said it was shit and that I'd hate it-it was pretty good but not exceptional and I enjoyed.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:19 am Reply with quote
I saw the first couple of episodes on ANN and thought it was ok. Not bad, but not great. Then I read the review. My memory's a bit fuzzy, but I gotta ask: Do they really spend about half the series trapped in someone's bedroom? I recall reading that somewhere. Is this for real?
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:10 am Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
I saw the first couple of episodes on ANN and thought it was ok. Not bad, but not great. Then I read the review. My memory's a bit fuzzy, but I gotta ask: Do they really spend about half the series trapped in someone's bedroom? I recall reading that somewhere. Is this for real?

Yes but it's a parody, a parody, of the typical shounen battle tournaments where everyone's stuck in one locale. It wasn't funny but it was a parody.

I saw the complete series. It was, on the whole, rather unnecessary as it's a simple combination of Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh and we already have them. Still, Needless was on occasion funny and I liked Set and Solva but the hero and villain leads were a waste, including Eve.

Eve was a problem since she was so powerful, she got the same treatment as Luffy D Monkey so she spent more than half the series OOC.

The best part of the show was the first ending but the loli yuri was a lie.
Exaar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
Is it Needless? Yeah, basically. I still enjoyed it though, enough so that I bought the Blu-rays when it was released over here and re-watched it on my big TV.

It's brainless fun - there is nothing profound or even particularly compelling about the show, but it is entertaining. And the music is incredibly badass, I think that's what stood out most to me about it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3