• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - The Last Record Chronicles

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I am getting all three of those Wii games.... And Naruto is 4 players not 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Araki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:04 pm Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Umm, does anyone else think that guy in The Last Rebellion screen shot looks suspiciously like Asch or long-haired Luke from Tales of the Abyss?

First thing that crossed my mind: "what's this, is Asch getting his own game?"
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Playstation 2 is the best ever. Xbox and PS3 got nothing on this shit. Legacy of Kain and Shadow of the Colossus. Motherfucker! Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. Bitch! Wait... wasn't THPS2 a PS1 game?... Doesn't matter!

But in all seriousness really I like all the consoles. I own a PS3 and Wii but my cousin has a 360 and we play a bunch of Halos and L4D. Fun stuff. But I love the Uncharted games and Valkyria Cronicles and being able to play as the Joker in Batman was pretty fun for the PS3. Plus I like my free online play and still game regularly on my laptop with my copy of L4D, CSS, and TF2 so the Xbox didn't catch my attention much.

Outside of Mario Galaxy, my Wii is primarily my old school game machine and DLC. Recently I got Crash 'n the Boys: Street Challenge and finally bought chapter 1 of the FFIV game. Haven't turned it on in a while but I plan to either get chapter 2 or Excite Bike when I get my free download thing from Nintendo.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Forget the PS3, 360, PC, Wii, and DS. 2010 is the PSP's year software-wise.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
But hey, Versus XIII, the second part of Square Enix's loosely linked Final Fantasy XIII project, is still loyal to the PlayStation 3. Unfortunately, the smart money says it won't be out in 2010, at least not in North America.

With Final Fantasy XIV being the big FF release for 2010 I don't think we'll see Versus until 2011 even in Japan. Maybe Agito stands a chance since it's a PSP game, but I'm doubtful SE will let Versus steal FFXIV's thunder.

Speaking of FFXIV, whatever the US release date of FFXIII ends up being should give us a an idea of when FFXIV will be released. My money is on early Spring for FFXIII and early Fall for FFXIV.

classicalzawa wrote:
Umm, does anyone else think that guy in The Last Rebellion screen shot looks suspiciously like Asch or long-haired Luke from Tales of the Abyss?

So I'm no the only one? The character designs in Rebellion don't really come across as very unique or original, there's definitely a "Tales" look to this game. At least it has unique gameplay on its side.

As for EVE, this is the second time this game has been given an update, the first was the PS2 EVE Burst Error Plus in '03 which was much more faithful the character designs of the original. It even spawned a sequel, EVE: New Generation, as recently as '06 and a PC version, EVE: New Generation X, in '07! Why suddenly decide the game needs a face lift, they should just port the old games and spend their resources on another sequel (or an entirely different game). Given the choice, I'd go with the PS2 version designs, the PSP version seems very simple in its character designs, several outfits actually look worse than what they replaced. Plus all of the characters look like they've suddenly lost five years of their life, especially the blond girl who was supposed to be 18 in the original and now appears closer to 14.

Oh well, it's not like I'll ever play the game...

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I don't see how ICO's controls are intentionally awkward. They're about as basic as controls get. Unless you mean having to hold the Hold Hands button?
Shadow of the Colossus had the simplest, easiest-to-use control scheme of any horse-assisted monster-climbing game at the time. Wink

Quote:
Battles are all generated without any annoying breaks or turns, and party members can team up for combo attacks, as is the trend in modern RPGs.

And Chrono Trigger. Sure took them long enough.

Excellent soufflé joke, by the way. It's funny because it's true.

Monster in a box wrote:
[edit] Oh, and Resident Evil 4 is terrible. Honestly, the worst game I've ever bothered to finish (not counting Beat em' Ups I played with infinite continues). How it's considered ONE OF THE ALL TIME GREATS is entirely beyond me.

The world disagrees with you. Probably you just have different criteria for what games should deliver (e.g. anyone wanting smooth action would be disappointed. Not saying that was what you wanted).
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:

BlazBlue on PSP= awesome but can be done anyways if you use Remote Play on the PS3 verison.

Hahaha, no it can't. Really, it can't.

Actually it can just look it up.
Sven Viking

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I think he's implying that it can't in a playable sense, due to lag/etc.
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry to not be able to help with your fanboy rageoff... I own all the system current for this generation (not really sure how that happened, but...) and I really feel that this go-round, it's more about what your gaming habits are that determine what you end up with. You'd think that'd spawn more debate, but it seems to be resulting in everyone ('round here, anyway) shrugging off the other systems and their fanbases as 'not my thing'. Ah well.

classicalzawa wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly- it's uncanny.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Sven Viking wrote:
I think he's implying that it can't in a playable sense, due to lag/etc.

That. I guess playing through the Story mode would be doable due to the computer's being totally brain dead, but other than that...
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:05 am Reply with quote
Nope, no console bias here. PC will always be superior.
*stamps his 360 mercilessly* The only reason I bought you was for Halo, ya hear?!

Anyway, looking at the side-by-sides for the characters from Eve Burst Error was pretty interesting. Things have come a long way...

The one I found particularly interesting was the last character in the line up. It looks like she's been--wait for it--
*giggles*
...youthanized.
Wellness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Honestly, while that trailer was filled with cliches, I am impressed to see the Toshinden developers actually TRY to make an original Wii game look better then a PS2 game.

A shame it is wasted on a IP that by itself probably won't do all that well or garner anyone's interest. Still, good luck to them and I sort of hope they prove me wrong after seeing that trailer, despite the fact that I didn't feel that way when I saw the first images of the game.
sfried

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
Err, sorry. I believe DS still takes that spot. Playing Phantasy Star Zero right now...
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:01 am Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
Primus wrote:
Err, sorry. I believe DS still takes that spot. Playing Phantasy Star Zero right now...

Really?

I do realize that thread says 2009, but a stack of those are 2010 titles.
Uthred

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:13 pm Reply with quote
sfried wrote:
Primus wrote:

Its nice that you're playing PS0 in 2010, how's life in the future?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3