• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Posts don't show up...

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:50 am Reply with quote
Okay, so am I on this weird moderated status now? If so, why? I've been using this site for years and now my posts don't even show up.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:54 pm Reply with quote
louis6578, we have a dedicated thread in the Staff forum to keep track of users who borderline or are put on Moderation, but I don't see any mention of you, aside from a warning given way back in 2017 about backseat moderating.

Normally, there will be conversation between staff leading up to a user being placed on Moderation. However, within the last year we also created a Discord to speed things up a bit. And while I am a part of that channel, I never actually log on, as I'm busy enough already trying to approve Moderated posts (to lower comment latency), actually be an anime fan (watching 40+ titles form this season, maintaining the Series Discussion forum), and also balance home/work life (9-5 programming job + commuting on weekdays, some gaming at night if I'm lucky, and getting enough sleep).

Looking at the history for your last 45 posts (which date back to around June of this year), I didn't see anything that warranted Moderation. So I'll wait a few days to see if any other staff will chime in with something I'm not seeing. If there's no say, then I'll remove the Moderation status.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I appreciate your help. A lot of my posts keep pending approval and some that I've made days ago still aren't showing up. I noticed the issue but figured it would go away on its own. It's been a few months now (I think maybe just two). I enjoy discussing anime here, but I'll accept my status if I can at least know what led to it.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking at your history, right now, and the only posts from October are your two comments in this thread and one from Oct. 14 about the possibility of an AI voice bill.

Even if your posts are on Moderation or in the Locked/Trash forum, they should appear on my side, regardless, so I'm not sure what happened to the other posts you made.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:21 pm Reply with quote
How bizarre. I swear I commented on the article about Yoruiichi's dub VA changing back and forth and it didn't show up.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Within the last year, I've noticed the site having moments of server or cookie issues, where you try to navigate or post something, and the site just has a hiccup and nothing gets loaded at all. I'm on the site so much, I have to clear my (Firefox) cookies once or twice a month just so the site can load properly without said hiccups. Not sure if that might help solve your problem.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Also, from my understanding, a poster would normally be given a warning (or two) from a moderator, either on board or via PM before being put on post moderation. The ANN team is generally pretty good about giving a head's up if you are sailing into troubled waters.
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:25 am Reply with quote
And yet posts that I send are marked as "pending approval from moderators" on my end and often don't show up until several hours after I posted them, often leading to whatever conversation I meant to contribute to having moved on.

Do all posts need to be approved first now or is it just me?
SenpaiDuckie
ANN Community Manager

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:02 am Reply with quote
Hey louis6578, PM'ed you, please check it out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2