• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fall 2010 New Anime Series

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megiddo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:41 am Reply with quote
After a rather dim summer season for me (Only watching Occult Academy and Shiki), I'm looking forward to the fall.

Panty and Stocking looks like a show where Gainax has gone crazy. They kind of do that a lot I've noticed, but as I'm a rather large Gainax fan (except of their adaptations of less-than-stellar works like He is my Master and Melody of Oblivion), I'll be watching it.

Kuragahime is from Brains Base and the same team as Baccano and Kure-nai, so I'll be watching.

Bakuman has gotten a large amount of praise, so I might as well see what all the hubbub is about. The same applies to The World Only God Knows, but that is being done by Manglobe, which usually does an awesome job so I'm looking forward to it more.

Speaking of which, J.C. Staff is doing the animation production of 4 shows this season. That's just insane. You know they're going to end up pouring all their money into Index and maybe a little quality check on Bakuman, but I'm sure moe Sherlock Holmes and Otome Youkai Zakuro are going to be on the short end of the stick in terms of animation. So yeah, Index 2 will be a must watch for me, but I'm sure you could tell because of my Biribiri avatar.

Also, SHAFT is doing 2 shows this season. I expect many "cut due to circumstances" cards to fly by in each show. I may check out the maid show, but I kinda stopped in the middle of the first season of Arakawa and I don't see me finishing it and moving onto the second season barring a sudden motivation to watch a seldomly funny gag comedy.

I'm kind of wary of Yosuga no Sora, cause it's being done by studio Feel, who was responsible for the Kiss X Sis TV animation. I'm hoping it turns out to be a touching slice-of-life/drama showing the bond of family (something not too far from Binbou Shimai Monogatari), but again, I'm wary.

Squid girl may be fun, so I'll probably check out the first episode along with a few others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4