• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime in America: The Best (And Most Notable) of 2012

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SerenaHavoc1013

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Thanks guys for another year in review! I have to give Theron props for the "About Damn Time Award" towards Funi on those titles. After a +2 year wait, I was finally able to get my hands on a copy of Ergo Proxy.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:02 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
jr0904 wrote:
Well for me. number 1 is Deadman Wonderland and number 2 is Madoka Magica.

Deadman Wonderland isn't a 2012 title. Though it first became available in dubbed form in 2012, it legally streamed in 2011.

It was??? i was sure it was released in early 2012 before getting the broadcast license from CN to show on their new Toonami block later on.

Then again I also assumed that Durarara was also released in early 2012 when i watched it on Adult Swim too , so what do I know.

that is what i get for my stubbornness & only paying attention to only english dub announcements.

And as for assuming Kyubbey was to automatically get the 2012 title, it was blatantly obvious cause before it was release, everyone though he would be to Madoka to what Yunno was to Nanoha and to what Kerberos was to Sakura in CCS . Instead he shocked almost everyone I know when it turns out he's a worse manipulator than Ohizawa from Durarara if that was even possible,so it had to be a no brainier for that thing to get the bastard character title for 2012 hands down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:05 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Instead he shocked almost everyone I know when it turns out he's a worse manipulator than Ohizawa from Durarara if that was even possible,so it had to be a no brainier for that thing to get the bastard character title for 2012 hands down.

I believe you mean Orihara.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
fireaxe wrote:
And I will add that I'm 100% behind Theron's pick for opener of the year. Fate from Kokia is hauntingly good, and such a perfect fit for Broken Blade.

This. Every time I listen to this song it stays with me for ages.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 15 of 15