• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: KyoAni's Free! Swimming Anime Already Has Its Own Dōjinshi Event

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerberous

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Kerberous wrote:
No bomb threats ? Maybe those morons finally grew up.

Why would there be? Only Kuroko no Basket as far as I know has that problem.

Why not ? This doesn't look that different from Kuroko no Basket. It made idiots angry when it was announced too.
Hamu

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Well when pretty much all of the promo stuff so far is pictures of the guys half naked, it already gives all the material needed for doujins.

Yeah, guess they are aiming for the R-18 stuff from the start. Idk, guess I'm thinking too much. /hates OOC fanworks orz

dm wrote:
Let me introduce you to this phenomenon known as "Touhou".....

Don't the Touhou girls appear in games, have a story, personality, etc? Or they are up to interpretation like Vocaloids?

My main issue with this is that they aren't giving people time to watch the show and see the characters, personalities, the dynamics of their relationships, and find your fave charas and OTPs, the like. But yeah, these are doujins what we are talking about... right...

Don't get me wrong, I'm as much of a fujoshi as the next one, but I'm finding all of this kind of shallow. Or, again, I'm thinking too much x_x
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:04 am Reply with quote
Kerberous wrote:
Why not ? This doesn't look that different from Kuroko no Basket. It made idiots angry when it was announced too.

Because all accounts that I have read from translated 2ch threads have said that the Kuroko no Basket incidents are done by someone who went to the same school as the KnB author and it is a personal matter. As far as I know, Free has no such incident and is an original IP for that matter.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote
Good point, but there are a lot of butthurt KyoAni fans, and, knowing Japanese otaku, I wouldn't be surprised if some nutter tried to threaten this event.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
Well, I am a bit surprised. Didn't know Free was THAT popular. Studio You wouldn't make an event like this for an anime/manga which they were certain wouldn't sell.
Hope the event goes well.
And I hope the fujoshi have fun. Laughing
musouka

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Tell me again how fangirls have absolutely no interest in something like Free and they're perfectly happy with what they've got? ("What they've got" meaning shounen shows, natch.)
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Ha!

And some here were 1000% sure the CM was just that and hell would freeze first before getting an anime, any comments toward it were caused by blatant ignorance of many of us ignorant plebeians Laughing

Anyway, fujoshi, rejoice.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Don't worry KyoAni, I hate you too
TitanXL

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Hamu wrote:
How do you make doujins of something that hasn't aired yet...?

You must be new to this doujinshi thing. It's incredibly common, actually.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I hope this backfires on KyoAni.

As in Daffy Duck bill-twisted-to-the-back-of -his-head levels of backfire.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I love comments like ^this^ one. True nerd-rage comedy.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I guess it is looking like Kyoto Animation made the right call from a business perspective if Free! already has a doujin event announced.

Of course, I still want my FMP! 4 and Haruhi 3 so understandably I have extremely mixed feelings(I guess Gonzo might be the best hope for FMP 4 and maybe Kadokawa will utilize Silver Link or PA Works for more Haruhi).
lostrune

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
musouka wrote:
Tell me again how fangirls have absolutely no interest in something like Free and they're perfectly happy with what they've got? ("What they've got" meaning shounen shows, natch.)

100 seller spaces is not very much interest when those "what they've got" shows have seller spaces in the thousands per doujinshi event. Laughing I think girls will still prefer shounen over all. And hey, how do we know Free! isn't a shounen anime? Kuroko has doujinshi events and that's shounen. Wouldn't it be funny if the manga runs in a shounen/seinen magazine?

Last edited by lostrune on Tue May 28, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
I hope this backfires on KyoAni.

Why so? I for one will be quite happy if it does well because that will mean that KyoAni will have more cash in their coffers to invest in other projects down the road. I do hope that there will be something in this series that will interest me since I'm not into sports anime or anime with a heavy BL subtext. But even if it turns out to be 100% fujoshi chow that isn't a good reason to bitch and moan since there will undoubtedly be plenty more shows airing that season that are more to my own taste.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
lostrune wrote:
musouka wrote:

100 seller spaces is not very much interest when those "what they've got" shows have seller spaces in the thousands per doujinshi event. Laughing I think girls will still prefer shounen over all. And hey, how do we know Free! isn't a shounen anime? Kuroko has doujinshi events and that's shounen. Wouldn't it be funny if the manga runs in a shounen/seinen magazine?

For a comparison, Kuroko no Basket was going to have over 900 spaces at Comiket before it was banned. So yeah, this isn't a lot, but the anime hasn't aired either. It'll probably get up a few hundred by the time it actually airs come Comiket.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6