• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Railgun S Director: Season to Include Original Summer Vacation story

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redcrimson

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
Oh, well... it was fun while it lasted.
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:50 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Okay I just ask everyone so far that posted do you mind if they do a couple fan-service episodes after doing a serious arc?? I think it's nice to tone it down so the characters can re-coup after spending such a hard time get their goal accomplished, still i would like some feed-back.

"fan service" as you say depends on what the fan wants: so of course i would like fan service thats tailored to what aspect of the show i'm a fan of. and who wouldn't want that? but naturally the fan service will be tailored to the largest demograph of fans, so No: i don't want to feel abandoned by a series direction and theme and neither would i want to put some viewers through that.

and i don't think a re-coup is necessary or respective of the character as misaka is a strong character who doesn't want to share the weight of her troubles with others (this is made very clear in the series). besides we've had more than enough of those episodes in this season and in the previous season.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
NoremaC-_- wrote:
well thats been the core of the original source material for a long time and it's still selling great. but your observation is ungrounded, i can say that the people were just disappointed with season one and therefore aren't giving this season a chance. the proof is in the alienation of the railgun and index fans.

Yeah, thats why the first season was the best selling JC Staff show of the last 10 years, right? (Source) And why Index 2 sold far more than its first season? (since Railgun brought lots of new fans to the series)

Railguns anime was huge for the franchise, but it hasn't seen the same level of success so far in the 2nd season.
Jarm

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
I think it does need to take a breather from being serious. What a lot of people liked about the first season was the slice-of-life stuff balancing it out, with Kuroko, Saten, and Uiharu doing more silliness.

It's unfortunate for Railgun fans who follow the manga, but the majority of viewers who watch the anime probably don't...
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:19 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Railguns anime was huge for the franchise, but it hasn't seen the same level of success so far in the 2nd season.

It has been quite successful so far. Apparently you didn't get the memo, but Railgun's vol 1 Amazon listing was replaced with another listing which caused all sorts of problems for the Amazon Stalker in terms of preorder points. It's going to be the #3 show of its season, perhaps #2 if UtaPri has the same sort of collapse in sales after the first few volumes that the first season had. It's still JC Staff's juggernaut series.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
Who told me there wouldn't be any fillers this time!?

Ah well, this is my 5th time seeing the damn Sisters Arc and episode 12 was really disappointing adaption-wise. Just going to drop it after.

No LAC either.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

It has been quite successful so far. Apparently you didn't get the memo, but Railgun's vol 1 Amazon listing was replaced with another listing which caused all sorts of problems for the Amazon Stalker in terms of preorder points. It's going to be the #3 show of its season, perhaps #2 if UtaPri has the same sort of collapse in sales after the first few volumes that the first season had. It's still JC Staff's juggernaut series.

I would be VERY surprised if it outdoes Oreimo. Yes, I know about the Amazon listing, but it was also ranked at #1 for like 3 days after being relisted and possibly may even be overestimated because of that.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:29 am Reply with quote
J.C Staff whyyy

LAC is a full novel that's pretty much a beach arc with fanservice and action. IT'S EVERYTHING PEOPLE WANT ALL IN ONE PACKAGE. They could easily fit it in to the remaining 8 eps if they add in filler here and there with it to.

But no they're going with original content.
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
oh for f--
This very arc, in the original Index anime, was what made me CARE about Misaka!
I can't believe some people are seriously going "phew, finally we can get to have some jailbait fanservice instead of this great story arc."
kazziyan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:51 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
J.C Staff whyyy

LAC is a full novel that's pretty much a beach arc with fanservice and action. IT'S EVERYTHING PEOPLE WANT ALL IN ONE PACKAGE. They could easily fit it in to the remaining 8 eps if they add in filler here and there with it to.

But no they're going with original content.

This is why I didn't like most of Season 1.

Sucks as a Toaru fan. Damn Anohana director.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
I get it sucks that we won't see more novel stuff (or less of it, it's not entirely clear) in this season, I think a little bit of levity is probably needed after the sisters arc.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Honestly I have no real problem with it. I liked the 2nd half of season one because it expanded things, developed characters that were otherwise just nameless extras in the manga, and the last episodes actually tied up loose ends left by the Level Upper arc.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:06 pm Reply with quote
BrainBlow wrote:
oh for f--
I can't believe some people are seriously going "phew, finally we can get to have some jailbait fanservice instead of this great story arc."

there cartoon characters.. who cares?? do we really need to have a discussion on this again??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kohii

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:11 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

They'd be pretty dumb to not go back this route. Railgun S has really been suffering in preorders compared to the previous season (at this pace it'll sell half of what the first season did), so they really needed to add back what people liked so much about the original season.

This far into the season, I doubt they have the time or financial resources to make up an entire new story just because of apparent low preorder numbers. Whatever arc follows the Sisters one, it will be the arc that was originally planned.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I guess the only thing I can look forward to now is Kotobukiya, GSC or ALTER doing a cute HQ swimsuit or in general figure for Misaka Imouto or if Shokuhou-sama appears, her. GG Railgun.

BrainBlow wrote:
oh for f--

Don't start this, buddy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4