• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CLAMP's Blood-C to Be Made as Both TV Series & Film

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:21 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
I can clearly realize that sexy people sell more than its counterpart.

It's a little late to drag out the "I'm not demanding it myself but just recognizing the reality that others do" excuse. It's not really consistent with your previous comments at all.

Quote:
What I'm suggesting is a joke.

Well there's no disputing that.

Quote:
Although my joke certainly includes the possibility of some righteousness fanatic swallowing the bait.

So you're telling me that you're deliberately acting like a dick to bait people into getting mad? I think they call that trolling.
egoist

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Let's dissect the post of the person above and reply to convenient parts just so I can prove my righteous perspective.

People like you are fun, because you drag, drag, and drag the same old exhausted morale to your grave despite ignoring the fundamental fact that I've never considered what you think. But why would I consider your thoughts? You don't consider mine either. You're only looking at convenient parts of my posts because you've made a delusion out of a previous one.

Considering past discussions, it's clear that you don't disagree with what I say, but rather my persona itself. Give it up, you don't exist as long as you don't reply to my posts and even when you do you're just a minor, weak, and faint existence that doesn't even deserve a ray of seriousness.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:18 pm Reply with quote
Sorry dude, demanding that all female protagonists be sexy is really sexist. You can sputter and backpedal and spew whatever half baked nonsense you want and of course fall back on the classic "I don't care what you think, I'm not even taking this seriously" facade. It doesn't really change that though.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
You can almost bank on someone picking up U.S. streaming rights to this! I'm looking forward to it.

As for an [adult swim] run like its predecessor, Blood+...dream on. But maybe Syfy will be buying in 2012 if there even is an English dub.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
will be made as both a television series this July and a theatrical film next year.

That's a decent size gap in there. Are we talking a legitimate theatrical continuation/conclusion, or just compilation next year for those that missed it this year?
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:58 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Hope this time they learn that a female protagonist has to be sexy.

If you see the pic on their website, she does appear to have a larger chest. Laughing
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote
Speaking of sexism, CLAMP has always come off as a bit man-hating to me.

Sex sells, sure. However it seems like anime has decided of late that "sexy" means things that don't work for me. We have the underage moe girls & the loli moe girls on one side of the spectrum, or we get the ridiculousness of shows like Freezing. There isn't all that much in between.
Quote:

If you see the pic on their website, she does appear to have a larger chest.

Bust size doesn't necessarily indicate the "sexiness" of a character. Ex: Freezing.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 am Reply with quote
Echo_City wrote:
Speaking of sexism, CLAMP has always come off as a bit man-hating to me.

Uh, what? The majority of their manga have male main characters. I'm totally confused as to where you're getting the man hating.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:06 am Reply with quote
CLAMP is no stranger towards Les Yay so I expect Saya to have a female rival who has "obsessions" towards her. Cool
Echo_City

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The majority of their manga have male main characters

That doesn't mean that there are no anti-male themes in their works.
Blaxploitation movies featured black actors as main characters, yet they are notoriously anti-black.
Did you consider that by making the main character male, they have a better platform from which to rag on men?

Look at Chobits, that was painful to watch. CLAMP has the habit of portraying men as shallow characters, often with pathetically shallow and stereotypical perversions, and then contrasting these loserly male characters to their more "virtuous" female characters.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:39 am Reply with quote
So what if it's a little sexist-feminist? I'm still looking forward to this!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:23 am Reply with quote
Nice to get more info about who the staff are going to be Smile Looks like they're putting together some good people and they've even got Fujisaki around the staff, looks good.

Oooh, I've loved a lot of Naoki Sato's soundtracks so my anticipation just went up yet again. Sword of the Stranger most recently had incredible music as did shows like E7, Heroic Age and X, can't wait to hear more.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2