• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Koumi addict's Questions from General Forum

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Contributions:

There are 2 Yu-Gi-Oh! series.

The one known as Yu Gi Oh! in the US is Yu Gi Oh! Duel Monsters. It was produced by NAS.

The other one, meanwhile, is simply known as Yu-Gi-Oh!, which was produced by Toei Animation and was aired from April to October 1998.
It's the one with theme songs: Kawaita Sakebi and Ashita Moshi Kimiga Kowaretemo.

PS: Both Yu Gi Oh! series were created by one man: he is Kazuki Takahashi.

Question:

Can I post official website links within here? I am just afraid to be seen as a spammin n00b.

This bothers me: Why is it that I haven't seen the title Yu Gi Oh! on the encyclopedia's Toei Animation section?

Also, sorry about this post if it annoyed you.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Koumi addict wrote:
Question:

Can I post official website links within here? I am just afraid to be seen as a spammin n00b.

Not actually here, but in the encyclopedia itself. Once you are logged in, you can go to any entry in the Encyclopedia and add information.

Quote:

This bothers me: Why is it that I haven't seen the title Yu Gi Oh! on the encyclopedia's Toei Animation section?

If you go to the Yu Gi Oh! Entry you'll see that the following companies have been enterd:

Animation Production: Studio Gallop
Production:
NAS
Studio Dice

No one has yet added Toei Animation as a company for this series. Once added, the information will also show up in Toei's entry. I'd add it, but I don't know Toei's exact part in the show. While we know that a portion of the rights belong to Toei, were they producers (financiers), distributors, licensors, etc.... ?
Koumi addict

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 10:38 pm Reply with quote
My suggestion is that Yu-Gi-Oh! should be renamed Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and make a new Yu-Gi-Oh! page.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 11:48 am Reply with quote
Koumi addict wrote:
My suggestion is that Yu-Gi-Oh! should be renamed Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters and make a new Yu-Gi-Oh! page.

So all the information we have is relevant for Duel Monsters? It has unfortunately happenned that in situations like this, information from both shows gets put into the one entry...

What is the relation between teh two shows (sequel, re-make, alternate retelling, etc...).
Koumi addict

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2003 8:20 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Koumi addict wrote:

So all the information we have is relevant for Duel Monsters? It has unfortunately happenned that in situations like this, information from both shows gets put into the one entry...

What is the relation between teh two shows (sequel, re-make, alternate retelling, etc...).

Realistically, yes...

Ironically, Duel Monsters was the 1st series exposed to us here in North America while Japan got exposed to the original one.

PS: Thanks for acknowledging the situation Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1