• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Who is getting the Tales of Legendia video game?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
outlawwolf wrote:
I just hope it's not as cliched as the last game. A girl who was destined to be the Chosen One? You don't say? Elves can use magic? Oh my gosh! "I am your father." Shock and Surprise! Your ally is actually the enemy and your enemy is actually your ally? Where do they think of this stuff?

Well, technically the Tales game that came before Tales of Legendia would be Tales of Rebirth not Tales of Symphonia. They never brought Tales of Rebirth to the US though. I didn't think TOS was that cliched though. Some parts may have been cliched but I definatly wouldn't call it predictable, spoiler[you honestly can't tell me that you knew the whole "church of Martel" thing and the Chosen one was actually a scheme set up by Mithos in order to revive Martel. You can't tell me you knew everything that was going to happen. The story was pretty well thought out it, I don't see how anyone would be able to tell all or even most of what was going to happen. And as far as most of the people I've heard from, most of them didn't see Kratos turning out to be Lloyds father either. Also, Kratos isn't really an enemy of Lloyd. If you played though the whole way you'd be able to tell that, and if did it the right way he even joins you in the end.] But I'm kind of a TOS fanboy so I have a bit of a bias for it. I played through it 7 times and got all the titles. I liked TOS better than FFX, that's for sure.

I thought Tales of the Abyss was the most recent one before Legendia.

I didn't see everything coming in ToS, but I could tell a good number of the plot twists coming. I knew that spoiler[Mithos was the 'great hero' who saved the world long ago] long before they actually said in game and I could see right through spoiler[Mithos' disguise to befriend the team]. One of my brothers blurted out that spoiler[Kratos was Loyd's father], but I had suspected that for a while.

Symphonia had some cliches and some aspects where predictable, but it was still a very good game.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:14 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Tales of the Abyss came out in December in Japan. Tales of Legendia came out in August. Abyss is the most recent Tales game but it came out after Legendia.

HitokiriShadow wrote:
I knew that spoiler[Mithos was the 'great hero' who saved the world long ago] long before they actually said in game and I could see right through spoiler[Mithos' disguise to befriend the team].

Ya, I saw that coming also. I would admit that part was extremely obvious. It just seemed that outlawwolf thought it was the most cliched video game ever. It did have cliches, but I've definately played video games that had FAR more cliches then TOS.

Dammit, I really, REALLY want to put a link to the opening of Tales of Abyss. I think it's against the rules though. Can it be considered a trailer since it's not the actual game and it's just the opening? Please?

I guess I'll have to settle for this though. It's a trailer for the game and contains the opening song in it, just not all the visuals. It's in .zip file format btw.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:03 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

Tales of the Abyss came out in December in Japan. Tales of Legendia came out in August. Abyss is the most recent Tales game but it came out after Legendia.

I see. I thought Abyss came out before Legendia.

PantsGoblin wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I knew that spoiler[Mithos was the 'great hero' who saved the world long ago] long before they actually said in game and I could see right through spoiler[Mithos' disguise to befriend the team].

Ya, I saw that coming also. I would admit that part was extremely obvious. It just seemed that outlawwolf thought it was the most cliched video game ever. It did have cliches, but I've definately played video games that had FAR more cliches then TOS.

Yes, it did have cliches (a good deal of them, especially in the beginning) but it was still an awesome game. Symphonia managed to make a great story while using old cliches.

PantsGobin wrote:
Dammit, I really, REALLY want to put a link to the opening of Tales of Abyss. I think it's against the rules though. Can it be considered a trailer since it's not the actual game and it's just the opening? Please?

I guess I'll have to settle for this though. It's a trailer for the game and contains the opening song in it, just not all the visuals. It's in .zip file format btw.

There hasn't been any announcement for Tales of the Abyss being released in the U.S. yet, has there? I really hope they release it here someday (soon).
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:06 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
There hasn't been any announcement for Tales of the Abyss being released in the U.S. yet, has there? I really hope they release it here someday (soon).

If TOL does well in the US, there is a good chance of TOA being brought here too. That's why I'm hoping it sells well.
NyuuChan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 6:09 pm Reply with quote
PantsGoblin wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:

If TOL does well in the US, there is a good chance of TOA being brought here too. That's why I'm hoping it sells well.

im going to make sure im part of it selling well. ToS was great!

**buys**
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I bought Tales of Legendia recently and noticed the illistration on the back of the instruction booklet. It has pictures of characters from all the Tales games that have been brought to the US (Except for Tales of Symphonia for some reason). The characters at the bottom though are from Tales of the Abyss. This is great news, it's a good sign that Namco may already be planning to bring Tales of the Abyss to the US.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2