• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Snuggle Up Closer To Your Sister With Official Hugging Pillows

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
rederoin wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
rederoin wrote:
I have no interest in this, but I fail to see why this is a problem. Its not like its hurting anybody.

No, but it's disturbing to western anime fans (except those who have a fetish) and general public in Japan.

Thats what i'm saying, I don't understand how something harmless is disturbing.

It's pretty disturbing because there's a product out there made to sell the idea of sex with children who happen to be you're little sister.

I'm not sure how that's not disturbing or at least creepy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
rederoin wrote:
mdo7 wrote:
rederoin wrote:
I have no interest in this, but I fail to see why this is a problem. Its not like its hurting anybody.

No, but it's disturbing to western anime fans (except those who have a fetish) and general public in Japan.

Thats what i'm saying, I don't understand how something harmless is disturbing.

It's pretty disturbing because there's a product out there made to sell the idea of sex with children who happen to be you're little sister.

I'm not sure how that's not disturbing or at least creepy.

You mean like all those other products out there made to sell the idea of mass murder and torture, y'know, video games. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Well seeing as how when I play a video game my reaction to it is'nt "man this how it feels to kill people", but rather this is how it must be to be in an action movie I'm not sure I see the connection.

But you know what, no I don't think violence is creepy or disturbing at all, not when it's so over the top that it's almost cartoony. And video games are so far from anything realistic. I'm sure this is an attack on CoD, but people play CoD the same reason they play paint ball. Paint Ball has a gun and encourages you to shoot at people! Oh so violent!

This on the other hand, no it's worse. It's not even subtle. Here are young girls in sexy, but yet innocent poses. Pretend to be their brother! While you can see their underwear in sexy(yet innocent) poses! and you can have them in your bed!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Leebo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it's creepy.

No, it doesn't hurt anybody.

I don't think there's anything else to discuss here really.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Well seeing as how when I play a video game my reaction to it is'nt "man this how it feels to kill people", but rather this is how it must be to be in an action movie....

In which the main character....kills people. Repeatedly. Can't say I'm really seeing the difference there, my friend!

Rahxephon91 wrote:
But you know what, no I don't think violence is creepy or disturbing at all, not when it's so over the top that it's almost cartoony. And video games are so far from anything realistic.

Please tell me how these drawings on a pillow aren't over the top and cartoony?

Every excuse you are making for video games equally applies to this product.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
This on the other hand, no it's worse. It's not even subtle.

Quite the contrary, my friend, this is much more subtle. There's many a video game I can play where I can graphically kill someone. These pillows don't portay any offensive act, they are merely suggestive of it.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
Here are young girls in sexy, but yet innocent poses. Pretend to be their brother! While you can see their underwear in sexy(yet innocent) poses! and you can have them in your bed!

Here are your enemies, out in the open and devoid of positive humanizing qualities! Pretend you are god! Slaughter them all and laugh as they thrash violently on the ground!

Same stuff, my friend. Don't throw stones over fantasy.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:28 pm Reply with quote
So male power fantasies are not worse than little girl who happens to be you're sister sex fantasies.

Ok. Well, whatever allows you to justify you're interests in this stuff I guess. But I'm any normal and sane person can see how they aren't equal.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
So male power fantasies are not worse than little girl who happens to be you're sister sex fantasies.

To play devil's advocate for a moment, both are male power fantasies. Power over another person to kill them, or power over a girl sexually.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:38 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

To play devil's advocate for a moment, both are male power fantasies. Power over another person to kill them, or power over a girl sexually.

Exactly, thank you. Wink
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
Fine it's the same thing. You win, except playing video games dosen't make me a creep. And I know very few people who play "murder sim" games(where they don't actually teach you or simulate anything realisticly) with the actual desire to replicate whats happening in the game.

Great. Pedophiles are now being encouraged. Have no shame in wanting to have sex with young girls. Because people who probably buy this or no doubt interested in that idea.

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
kotomikun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I don't have any interest in this. But it's kind of baffling that people often find this sort of thing creepier than fictional murder.

Why is that? Do people actually think that siscon/lolicon is worse than murder? Or do they feel confident that random strangers aren't potential murderers, but less confident that they won't do naughty things to little girls? The latter's probably less likely, honestly. Or is it a new media kind of thing, like if you made a Call of Duty body pillow it'd be a whole new violence-in-the-media panic?
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 just wants to be 'holier than thou'. He doesn't like the material and thinks that those who do are creepy. I like how he downplays violent video games in order to make his point. Most First Person Shooters nowadays are super realistic, not cartoony. I don't buy hug pillows, but I am not going to be name calling or shaming those that do.

People used to say D&D was evil and corrupting the youth. Evil people are evil by their choices, not because of material goods.
GWOtaku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I don't care that this is marked as an "interest" story. This is tangentially related to anime at best and basically indistinguishable from an advertisement for a super creepy product. This crap ought to go away.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Fine it's the same thing. You win, except playing video games dosen't make me a creep.

It's your own arguement that applies to both this product and video games. Either you and the folks with these pillows are all creeps or neither of you are.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
Great. Pedophiles are now being encouraged. Have no shame in wanting to have sex with young girls. Because people who probably buy this or no doubt interested in that idea.

"Great. Criminals are now being encouraged. Have no shame in committing murder and selling drugs. Because people who buy this are no doubt interested in the idea."

Hmmmmm, sounds like every moral-panic, think of the children newscaster and politician I've ever heard.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:17 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Rahxephon91 just wants to be 'holier than thou'. He doesn't like the material and thinks that those who do are creepy. I like how he downplays violent video games in order to make his point. Most First Person Shooters nowadays are super realistic, not cartoony. I don't buy hug pillows, but I am not going to be name calling or shaming those that do.

People used to say D&D was evil and corrupting the youth. Evil people are evil by their choices, not because of material goods.

I'll give my hat off to you for that, however I still find it a bit creepy. I really don't care who buy this product, uses it for what ever reason in the privacy of their own room, it's not my business.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Fine it's the same thing. You win, except playing video games dosen't make me a creep.

When it comes to someone's personal time in their own home, I do not care if they are are getting off on a cartoon drawing on a pillow or spending six hours a day shooting people's heads off in a video game.

I do not care until either one of those begins directly affecting me or other human beings' quality of life. Personal choices, privacy, and all that. Would I date either of those people (hugging pillow person or six-hours-a-day game person?)?

No.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6