• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Snuggle Up Closer To Your Sister With Official Hugging Pillows

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:25 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Most First Person Shooters nowadays are super realistic, not cartoony.
There is nothing realstic about CoD or Battlefield. They may look realistic, but shooting a gun in those games is in no way like shooting a real gun. Gunfights in those games are in no way like real gun fights. They are cartoon and over the top action movie entertainment.

And people do not play them because they are intersted in killing people. The play them because they want to be tough, strong, heroic, do cool things, ect. Thats the fantasy. The fantasy is not, I want to murder people because murdering people is cool. People like that come to that conclusion because of many environmental influences and no should not be playing games.

Most people playing these games are not because they aspire to kill people. That's the difference. The fantasy is not murdering, they are not trying to be a sadistic murder. When someone plays CoD, they are either basically playing cops and robbers or they are trying to be Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Someone buying CoD is not trying to think of the reality of actually murdering someone. They don't even want that. They buying it to play virtual nerf guns basically. When someone buys this, whats their intention?

Last edited by Rahxephon91 on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Leebo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:29 pm Reply with quote
Call the thought police.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:30 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Fine it's the same thing. You win, except playing video games dosen't make me a creep.

When it comes to someone's personal time in their own home, I do not care if they are are getting off on a cartoon drawing on a pillow or spending six hours a day shooting people's heads off in a video game.

I do not care until either one of those begins directly affecting me or other human beings' quality of life. Personal choices, privacy, and all that. Would I date either of those people (hugging pillow person or six-hours-a-day game person?)?

No.

Laughing Miss, you're all class!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
The artwork of these characters is beautiful, even if it may seem to be a bit suggestive...
While I may never see myself owning any dakimakura anytime soon, there's no way I'm going to belittle people that want to buy them, as long as their decisions aren't in any way harmful.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:38 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Rahxephon91 just wants to be 'holier than thou'. He doesn't like the material and thinks that those who do are creepy. I like how he downplays violent video games in order to make his point. Most First Person Shooters nowadays are super realistic, not cartoony.

I'm sorry how is FPS game is super realistic, last time I check, pressing a button is not the same thing as reloading a gun. I don't think a FPS video game would teach you how unjam your gun if a bullet get stuck. I don't think video game portray warfare really well. If you don't believe me, I think these couple of videos from Gametrailer can help distinguish how video game portray guns, combats, and warfare:

Combat Facts 1: scopes and sights

Combat facts 2: Knife and Melee

I don't think FPS video game can portray real life.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
The artwork of these characters is beautiful, even if it may seem to be a bit suggestive...
While I may never see myself owning any dakimakura anytime soon, there's no way I'm going to belittle people that want to buy them, as long as their decisions aren't in any way harmful.

Again i'll have to agree i like the designs since they are from high profile artist and the oldest girl looks the best IMO still it's off putting to me. I stated in a earlier post that this feels like set up for a h-ova or an eroge, those are much easier hide from your friends. Ahem not that i'm into that sort of thing <___<
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Well they do need to be shamed.

And I never called anyone evil.

If they aren't evil, why do they need to be shamed?

Last edited by VORTIA on Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
lostrune

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Rahxephon91 just wants to be 'holier than thou'. He doesn't like the material and thinks that those who do are creepy. I like how he downplays violent video games in order to make his point.

The classic "violence is okay, but sex is not" double standard. I think love should be rewarded more than killing tons of people. Even if it is your imaginary hot sister Laughing If two people are in love, hey, go nuts behind your closed doors for all I care.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Oh jesus. Nobody said sex was wrong. Sex with little kids, thats wrong. Sex with you're sister, that's something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Oh jesus. Nobody said sex was wrong. Sex with little kids, thats wrong. Sex with you're sister, that's something.

Well, sure, if you actually do it. People fantasize about a lot of immoral crap, and most people never have any intention of doing any of it. I've fantasized about nuking California, does that mean I should be imprisoned at the Hague?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm sorry how is FPS game is super realistic, last time I check, pressing a button is not the same thing as reloading a gun.

I'm not a guy so I couldn't tell for sure, but I'm pretty certain that jacking off to a hug pillow isn't remotely similar to having sex with a little girl. But you can keep grasping at straws to try and make your point
mdreura

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:20 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
I've fantasized about nuking California, does that mean I should be imprisoned at the Hague?

Should be? Or could be?
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
mdreura wrote:
VORTIA wrote:
I've fantasized about nuking California, does that mean I should be imprisoned at the Hague?

Should be? Or could be?

Yep! More moral panic at work! Great example.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:42 pm Reply with quote
VORTIA wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Well, sure, if you actually do it. People fantasize about a lot of immoral crap, and most people never have any intention of doing any of it. I've fantasized about nuking California, does that mean I should be imprisoned at the Hague?
Should you? Yes.

But no, I said nothing about sending anyone to jail or anything. I said people who like this are creepy. You try to equate playing games with violence as an equal thing and I see nothing equal. Because I don't see people who play games wanting to play them because they want to murder people. Killing virtual bad guys is a byproduct of being a soldier or someone else heroic. Or maybe they want to be fantasy criminal. Either way, the actual murder part is not the attraction, that comes latter. And people partake this because they want to escape thier mundane life and do something they cant or be someone they can't, That's harmless.

Fictional violence is harmless and no it's not creepy. People like to see fights, explosions, conflict in general. Thats normal stuff. So there is nothing wrong with partaking in virtual violence.

No, I don't have a good reason for saying that having sex with a little girl isn't equal. Everyone knows it's wrong because it just is. Why is someone buying this if not to fantasize with having sex with a young girl who is your sister. That's it's purpose, that's what it is suggesting. You're going to tell me thats ok? That it's not creepy? Fine, sure. Perhaps it's technically illogical to refuse to see the equality here, but I'm not going to. Maybe my social norms are too built into me. But it's not an issue of sex being wrong, it's an issue of seeing kids as sexual objects as wrong and just the idea of having sex with your sister as disgusting.

You want to say "oh it dosen't hurt people, so it's ok and you shouldn't judge". BS. If someone picks up some pro-white material and writes articles about how awesome whites are and hoe every other race is bad, I'm going to think that person is stupid. Is he bothering me? No, not yet anyway. It's still not going to stop me from thinking negative things about them.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, equate lolicons to extreme racists (because masturbating with pillows has killed just as many people as racism has, as we all know), keep doing such a great job at defending your point. Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6