• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal Movie in NYC

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote
I saw the FMA movie tonight in NYC, and I have to say it was beautiful. I've seen it before (via fansub, so it wasn't that good), but seeing it this time with a superb translation was amazing. The dubbing is some of the best I've seen out of all of the dubbed anime that I've watched in my life (I haven't watched the dub version that much). The popcorn was good, the theatre wasn't bad, and the movie was great a second time. Before the show they were doing some trivia stuff and people were winning free posters. I think the only reason they never picked on me to answer a question is because I wore a Bleach shirt (jk, but I think it'd be out of line to say that they're racist). Damn, did I want to win and bring home one of those kickass posters! Shit, I'd have settled for one of the DBZ posters they gave out, but damn do I wish I could've won one..... Well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be.... Either way, the movie made up for it, but most of the twists I already knew of, seeing as how I had already seen them in the fansub. I wonder what it woulda' been like seeing all the twists theatrically. Well, I'll stop rambling on. Anybody who has the chance to see this movie in theatres should definitely take advantage of the opportunity. IT IS WORTH IT!!!
hanachan01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:36 am Reply with quote
I saw it in theaters last night! I was the one in the armor!Al costume made of a sweatsuit with kitty ears and a movie!Ed plush. I also won an FMA poster! Smile I had so much fun! I didn't like the movie the first time around when I saw it in Japanese, but somehow, it made more sense this time and I liked it better. I guess it's just from seeing it two times around, or not having to read subtitles or something Razz
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:00 am Reply with quote
hanachan01 wrote:
I saw it in theaters last night! I was the one in the armor!Al costume made of a sweatsuit with kitty ears and a movie!Ed plush. I also won an FMA poster! Smile I had so much fun! I didn't like the movie the first time around when I saw it in Japanese, but somehow, it made more sense this time and I liked it better. I guess it's just from seeing it two times around, or not having to read subtitles or something Razz

I saw you! I was freaking pissed when that lady picked you to go up and win a poster! You were sitting in the front row all the way to the right. A suit of armor? That did not look like a suit of armor! I thought you were some person high on PCP who had just stumbled into the theatre. JK! Laughing

Perhaps you saw me? I was on the opposite side, back like 4 rows. When she had asked "when did FMA air last?" I was the one who thought they were picked on, but it was really a girl right behind me. Also I was wearing a white Bleach t-shirt, which had Ichigo holding his sword over his head. I doubt that you saw me, but it's ironic that I saw you. DAMN! I wanted one of those posters!

And what was with that question "Which channel is ImaginAsian on?"!!? Did they expect anyone to know what it was?! Half the people in the theatre were screaming out "Cartoon Network!" and I'd scream back "That's just Adult Swim, idiot!" Then some like 12 year-old said the right channel because he probably saw some advertisement for it and won a poster. Damn, am I pissed!
hanachan01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:34 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
I saw you! I was freaking pissed when that lady picked you to go up and win a poster! You were sitting in the front row all the way to the right. A suit of armor? That did not look like a suit of armor! I thought you were some person high on PCP who had just stumbled into the theatre. JK! Laughing

And I though I looked like a lazy and broke cosplayer....but okay Smile

Quote:
Perhaps you saw me? I was on the opposite side, back like 4 rows. When she had asked "when did FMA air last?" I was the one who thought they were picked on, but it was really a girl right behind me. Also I was wearing a white Bleach t-shirt, which had Ichigo holding his sword over his head. I doubt that you saw me, but it's ironic that I saw you. DAMN! I wanted one of those posters!

I wish I had seen you, but no, I did not. Sorry Sad
Fullmetal_Chibi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:42 am Reply with quote
hanachan01 wrote:
\

Oh, I saw you! You're so lucky you won a poster. I was the Ed cosplayer(Red coat & black shirt but w/ Al hair xD) waving a chibi Ed sign around. I was really hoping I'd get called on. Those questions were so easy! xP

This was my first time seeing the movie, and I was absolutely blown away. I thought it was beautiful. I'm a huge fan of the dub, and it was better than ever this time. I was kind of dissapointed in some of the events though, and the ending was bittersweet. =/ I really want to see it again on DVD. (The special edition ; ) )
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:52 am Reply with quote
Fullmetal_Chibi wrote:
Oh, I saw you! You're so lucky you won a poster. I was the Ed cosplayer(Red coat & black shirt but w/ Al hair xD) waving a chibi Ed sign around. I was really hoping I'd get called on. Those questions were so easy! xP

This was my first time seeing the movie, and I was absolutely blown away. I thought it was beautiful. I'm a huge fan of the dub, and it was better than ever this time. I was kind of dissapointed in some of the events though, and the ending was bittersweet. =/ I really want to see it again on DVD. (The special edition ; ) )

Were you sitting in the middle of the theatre? I think I saw you if you were. Like in one of the middle rows, about seven seats in? I remember looking behind me several times and seeing an Ed cosplayer.
Fullmetal_Chibi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Were you sitting in the middle of the theatre? I think I saw you if you were. Like in one of the middle rows, about seven seats in? I remember looking behind me several times and seeing an Ed cosplayer.

Yeah, more or less. That was probably me xD I was surprised there weren't more cosplayers, actually..
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Fullmetal_Chibi wrote:
Yeah, more or less. That was probably me xD I was surprised there weren't more cosplayers, actually..

There were more cosplayers toward the front of the theatre, like hanachan01. I would've cosplayed, but I didn't have any supplies to do it, and I honestly would not feel right wearing a costume and walking around NYC in it. Therefore, I wore the only anime shirt I had.... my kickass Bleach shirt.

I hope more people see the movie in NY tonight. The ImaginAsian was a great theatre. I'd love to go again tonight and try winning a free poster, but I live down here in New Jersey, and I know my dad would not take me to see the movie again.
Fullmetal_Chibi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
There were more cosplayers toward the front of the theatre, like hanachan01. I would've cosplayed, but I didn't have any supplies to do it, and I honestly would not feel right wearing a costume and walking around NYC in it. Therefore, I wore the only anime shirt I had.... my kickass Bleach shirt.

I hope more people see the movie in NY tonight. The ImaginAsian was a great theatre. I'd love to go again tonight and try winning a free poster, but I live down here in New Jersey, and I know my dad would not take me to see the movie again.

Ohh, really? I wish I had gotten to see them.

Haha, yeah xD That's why I just wore black and threw on the jacket and shirt over my outfit.

Same here..I would have loved to see it again, but I moved a few years ago so the city isn't as close for me as it used to be, lol.
I'm going to buy a wallscroll w/ that image on eBay since I didn't get one before. ; )
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Fullmetal_Chibi wrote:
I'm going to buy a wallscroll w/ that image on eBay since I didn't get one before. ; )

Yeah, same here. I'll try and find it on the Z Store, because that image was pretty sick. I know exactly where to hang it in my room. It's a pretty HOT poster. I just wish that Funi could've provided the theatre with enough posters for everyone in the theatre. Then the experience would've been so much better.
Fullmetal_Chibi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yeah, same here. I'll try and find it on the Z Store, because that image was pretty sick. I know exactly where to hang it in my room. It's a pretty HOT poster. I just wish that Funi could've provided the theatre with enough posters for everyone in the theatre. Then the experience would've been so much better.

I hope I have room for it in my room..lol. I already have a bunch of FMA posters and wallscrolls. I guess I'll have to make room xD

You're absolutely right. The trivia game was fun, but it wasn't fair to everyone. At least give posters out to the first 100 people or something. But it was a small theatre so it would have been nice if everyone got one.
hanachan01

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Fullmetal_Chibi wrote:
hanachan01 wrote:
\

I think I saw you! I'm so glad you saw me Smile

And since you're a huge fan of the dub, let me lead you here-http://www.risemboolrangers.com Very Happy
Kevlar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Anyone have a link to a trailer for it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3