• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Crowdsourcing - Anime/Manga/Merch.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Anime Limited said on Facebook earlier that they'll be announcing their Kickstarter at 18:30 GMT on Monday.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip, st_owly - I'll keep my eyes peeled for that.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:09 am Reply with quote
People who supported Black Jack should be pleased to note the first set is listed as "Shipping".
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
It should probably be clarified that:
1) Black Jack 1 and Creamy Mami 1 are both shipping out
2) If you got either one of these as an add-on for a future set, they aren't shipping out right now for you. They'll ship out with the later set. I asked on their facebook page, and they said it's because doing the later add-on means combined shipping.

So yeah, I'm not getting my Black Jack set 1 for a little while yet Sad
hoju22

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Mai Mai Miracle is the title Anime Limited's kickstarting. Their Kickstarter announcement page (actual campaign not live yet).

http://www.alltheanime.com/mai-mai-kickstarter/

Quote:
With this Kickstarter campaign, we hope to raise $30,000 (US) to do the following:

Release Mai Mai Miracle in both the UK and the US on blu-ray

Create and add English subtitles for the film

Produce quality packaging to house the blu-ray disc and make it Collector’s Edition worthy

Share some of the truly beautiful artwork, illustrations and behind-the-scenes goodness that comes with the making of such an animated film

We view this Kickstarter campaign as the best way to bring in and widely distribute a small, charming film that should be enjoyed by as many people as possible. And to say thank you for any help, support and love we will give you as much bang for your buck as possible.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, hoju22. I'll add it to the OP once there is a link to the Kickstarter page.

By the way, I was lucky enough to see Mai Mai Miracle in the theatre a few years ago and it's quite a solid movie. I'd definitely like to own it if it becomes available.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Black Jack set 1 and Creamy Mami set 1 are both up for order on Right Stuf as well.

If you're curious on prices, the core pledge on AnimeSols' website is $40, and you can add previous sets for $40 each. On the negative, you'll have to wait for them to all ship out at once, but for anyone curious how future pricing will go, probably something like this. It's like half the MSRP of Right Stuf's listing, probably to encourage more pledges!

I should note, you can still pledge for the fourth and final Creamy Mami set and there will be another Black Jack set up soon enough.
hoju22

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
Anime Limited posted the preview of their Kickstarter page (still not live). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alltheanime/1966076526?token=3bc1557d

They're taking a similar approach as Animego and their BGC Kickstarter with "crowd producing."

Quote:
Here's what the Kickstarter money is going to be used for :

50% of all money in - Basic out of pocket costs such as production of the collector's edition (authoring, translation, material access, replication, packaging, shipping and fulfilment), and a flat fee of $5,000 to cover man-power over production at likely 280+ hrs.

40% - Split between creation of extras for the Kickstarter and any extras made as part of the Kickstarter (borrowing the term from the good folks at Animego - the concept of Crowd Production).

10% goes to Kickstarter - Between the 5% fee that keeps them going to enable more awesome payments, payment processing fees & tax.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
hoju22 wrote:
Anime Limited posted the preview of their Kickstarter page (still not live). https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/alltheanime/1966076526?token=3bc1557d

They're taking a similar approach as Animego and their BGC Kickstarter with "crowd producing."
Sounds interesting. I'd definitely be up for supporting this, though some of their pledge levels seem a little strange at this time. For example, the $130 level is limited to a 1000, but it includes everything below it which is not limited. Its therefore not limited by quantity, so then what makes this level limited? It is still in a rough draft stage, so maybe its a typo?

Anyways glad to see a thread for this topic (good job Blood-), as the retail forum tends to be my one-stop place for info on new releases and sales.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
@ One-Eye - thanks! Yeah, given the increase in crowdsourcing as a means of funding anime releases, it definitely seemed time to track the various initiatives in a single thread.
hoju22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
OP has been updated to reflect that. Thanks, again.
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
I backed it, and it looks like its almost halfway there. Seems like this may be one of the faster moving anime Kickstarters that'll get a few stretch goals going. Hopefully will be able to fund a dub and some other cool extras
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:54 am Reply with quote
I should remind people that if they want to get the rest of Mami, they have to support Anime Sols directly, not Right Stuf.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:05 am Reply with quote
hoju22 wrote:

They are already at $29,762 in only one day. Wow. They should hit their goal anytime now.

I was considering the $130 pledge, but with the stack of medical bills I have I think I'll go with the more conservative $55 one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 30