• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Abarenbō Rikishi!! Matsutarō Anime's TV Spot Previews Animation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikaioh

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
I think it looks great, the style is fantastic and the premise sounds really interesting. Obviously it isn't flexing the same sort of visual muscle as Kill la Kill, but it's not like the premise demands jaw-dropping complex animation throughout.
Dunks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
I'm young and I love old Manga artstyles like this. It's very universal, cartoonish...I really think that sort of style is actually more appealing to common westerners than the overly generic style (say Brynhildr from this season)
Running Wild

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Why are people bitching about the animation? Looks fine to me. Also keep in mind it's just a preview, made up of mostly stills, on Youtube, so what little actual animation there is, it's not gonna look good anyways.

I'm moreso surprised that a series about sumo wrestling even has an anime now. I see lots of sports manga/anime, but I never really seen one about sumo wrestling. Might be an interesting watch, maybe.

But when it comes to sports, I'm more down with stuff like Ashita no Joe and Hajime no Ippo, boxing makes for great series, not sure about sumo wrestling in particular.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2