• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Blade & Soul (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8 felt like a finale for some reason to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:37 am Reply with quote
Well, assuming that spoiler[Jin Varrel really is dead, then it is the end of an arc,] at least.

@leatherhead - I've reported your last post because once again you're being a thoughtless jerk and not using spoiler tags for important plot points. I'm going to do this every time I see you do it. It'd be great if you stop doing it, but if not, hopefully you'll just get banned.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
So is spoiler[albino Jin Varrel the real Jin Varrel before being corrupted by the impurity]?
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 1:21 am Reply with quote
getchman, that's my guess. That would explain the scenes where she seemed to be spoiler[fighting herself... her uncorrupted self.]

Really, that fight was so trippy I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 9:19 am Reply with quote
Tuor_of_Gondolin wrote:
getchman, that's my guess. That would explain the scenes where she seemed to be spoiler[fighting herself... her uncorrupted self.]

Really, that fight was so trippy I'm not entirely sure what to make of it.

That would further explain why Jin Varrel was so obsessed with Alka. Probably because Alka was spoiler[the only one who could free her from the impurity.] And that would further explain why her minion (forget the name) spoiler[declined to intervene] at the end.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
I'm not so sure that explains her minion. When I saw the look on her face, it wasn't one of kindness or compassion, but of... gloating, I would say, as if she'd been hoping things would turn out the way they did. I guess we'll find out next week.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:38 pm Reply with quote
Ep 9

So how did a lowly streetwalker manage to get so all-fired powerful that she can work over Alka without breaking a sweat?

And if you ask me, Alka deserves it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I guess that is the power of lurv, for you. As for whether Alka deserves it or not, that depends on her circumstances. If she was raised since birth to be an assassin, then I think her culpability is mitigated. Besides, The Proprietess is a spoiler[scuzz-bucket. Sure, I get her hatred for Alka. But that doesn't entitle her to take an innocent life in pursuit of that revenge.

I hope Alka eventually splits her from stem to stern.]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I never really liked or trusted That Woman. I thought the bounty hunter, while crazy, is at least honest. My question: what was in the box? Whatever it was, that's what messed up Alka.

As for the fight: spoiler[Alka was already mentally unbalanced. The Proprietress worked out everything beforehand, including the guy who offered Alka the job. She hired the girl and set it up so that Alka would befriend her (probably the first time Alka has ever done something like that on her own initiative), just so she could murder her later (because the girl was a *killer*, which makes it OK in the Proprietress's book). So by the time the fight came around, Alka was basically a wreck. Her fighting style depends on mental/emotional calm, and that had already been shattered.]

I think that the Proprietress will end up getting an end fitting for her eventually. spoiler[Underestimating Alka is a serious mistake. The question is whether Alka will actually seek revenge. She seems to be trying to move away from killing people; time will tell if she manages to break free of that on a mental level.]

Oh, yeah, did you guys notice that the Big Guy was carrying something? Hmm... I wonder what that could've been? No witnesses, eh? I sense a revival in the future...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 3:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Warning bells started to go off in the room that the spoiler[Proprietress is a very dangerous person]. It was rather unfortunate that it looked like the part where spoiler[Alka was cowering] was hinting at exactly what the Proprietress spoiler[had been doing this whole time, trying to get Alka to love so that she can hurt her]. Turning who we thought was spoiler[the wisest character in the show into a total psychopath], and in a way that feels believable, is very good work. This episode was a long time coming.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:58 am Reply with quote
@ Tuor_of_Gondolin: re: the box - it must either be spoiler[the ashes of her lover, or some piece of him.]

I should also mention that it's too bad the show crammed this into a single episode. It would have been more effective if spoiler[Alka had spent more time there and gotten to know that other girl better. I was sort of expecting something to happen because we knew from the previous episode that Alka had killed someone important to The Proprietoress. If she hadn't made a move this episode I would have been taken more offguard when she did.]
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:45 am Reply with quote
ep.9

spoiler[time have pass give varrel's 2 comrade are "plans" something yet as for arka give visit yuu's grave & give refuse a job then karen appear have arka work in her place.

give working in tavern bar is way difference for arka yet seem all look fine til karen tell arka a "story" of her past when falling for a guy who hunted by palam yet karen save him yet they got hitched all looking fine.

til oops nice job breaking it arka you just killed the guy who happen be karen's lover to more proof karen showing something to arka cue YIKES mode.

give got arka why her yet female worker get arka water til "cover-up" cue arka in PANIC to go run away then the FEAR come in with arka got dream stab by all those has fallen cause of arka.

yet run it all away til black hood appear give go slash but it's karen who really total own'd beatdown arka to point karen not going kill arka but is going make her feel PAIN as karen's revenge on arka is on.

& arka total beaten-up is face shock going "what have i done?" ]
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 11:54 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ Tuor_of_Gondolin: re: the box - it must either be spoiler[the ashes of her lover, or some piece of him.]

I realized that after I thought about it for a bit. At first I thought spoiler[she might have had something of Alka's master in there, until I thought about the conversation that the Proprietress's man had had with her. But based on Alka's reaction, it wasn't ashes in there.]

And I agree that it would've been nice if they'd split this into two episodes, but it's a short series, so I'm guessing they just didn't have the time pacing-wise, to do that.

Still a pretty powerful episode, IMO. Overall, this series is much better than I thought it would be. I hope it ends just as strongly.
Eivion

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:39 pm Reply with quote
It was nice to see the Proprietress's true colors revealed. I honestly hadn't expected her to be that dark despite thinking she was untrustworthy. That was probably my favorite episode so far.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:33 pm Reply with quote
*sigh*

They just had to ruin the last cool person in the series didn't they? I kind of saw spoiler[Proprietress's revenge deal coming but seriously the manner in which they've done it turning her into psycho sadistic woman in one mere episode really leaves a bad taste in my mouth.]

Now i have absouletly no one in the show to like. Everyone else is either irrelevant, annoying or expandable. Great Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9