• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Seven Seas Adds Vampire Bund 2, Clay Lord, Evergreen, Nurse Hitomi's Monster Infirmary

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, it's interesting they picked up Evergreen. I think I'll get a copy soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:46 pm Reply with quote
Monster Infirmary makes sense due to the fact that they have profited quite nicely from the Monster Girl fanbase that they tapped.

I haven't heard of the majority of these though. But I know fans of Dance in the Vampire Bund will be happy with the news. I saw some people requesting it awhile back.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Seven Seas really wants my money, don't they?

Dance In The Vampire Bund is one of my favorite manga of all time. I can't say anything bad about it. Good story, excellent characters and a plot that keeps you guessing. I can't even think of a plot hole off the top of my head. Worth every cent.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm very pleased to see Hitomi licensed. Seven Seas is on a streak.

Mark Gosdin
zensunni

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:24 pm Reply with quote
OMFG!!!!! ILYSS!!!!!!!!

Thank you Seven Seas for picking up Evergreen! I love the manga so far and the most recent scanalated chapter upped the anti on the story significantly.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Beyond excited for Scarlet Order. DitVB is a fantastic series, and one of the rare ones that manages to not be undone by the fan service present in the work. The "ending" to the first series was such a cliffhanger, and I can't wait to see what happens next.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Hope they grab 12 Beast as well some day. It's not quite as fun to read as MonMusu, as it plays like a typical 90s "stranger transported to magical world" scenario, but the delicious MGs, especially the minotaurs, make it great. Without the fetish element, it wouldn't even be worth the time to read.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:14 pm Reply with quote
DITVB has so many different series/spinoff things that's getting a little confusing. At least I'm not that into it so it won't bother me but the anime was pretty good. So the continued popularity could maybe lead to a new season???
Conner Crooks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
unitmikey wrote:
DITVB has so many different series/spinoff things that's getting a little confusing. At least I'm not that into it so it won't bother me but the anime was pretty good. So the continued popularity could maybe lead to a new season???

The anime was a very loose adaptation of the manga, so if anything, a reboot would be necessary (and I'd personally love that). Not too sure how realistic that is though...

Anyway, the only real "spin-off" is Dive in the Vampire Bund. The Memories of Sledgehammer acts as a bridge between "Part 1" (which encompasses vol.1-14) and leads into the events of "Part 2" (Scarlet Order).
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Yes more monster girls just to bad they didn get 12 Beast cant wait to get Nurse Hitomi's Monster Infirmary not surprised they got more Dance in the Vampire Bund
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Well, Evergreen sounds like an interesting one (spoiled myself a little to look at what people are saying about the series).

I may check out DITVB and its upcoming sequel too.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
Beyond excited for Scarlet Order. DitVB is a fantastic series, and one of the rare ones that manages to not be undone by the fan service present in the work. The "ending" to the first series was such a cliffhanger, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

Agreed, can't wait for more!

Yeah, it does a good job of that plus the artist's great art style makes that occasional fanservice look good.

Conner Crooks wrote:
unitmikey wrote:

The anime was a very loose adaptation of the manga, so if anything, a reboot would be necessary (and I'd personally love that). Not too sure how realistic that is though...

Anyway, the only real "spin-off" is Dive in the Vampire Bund. The Memories of Sledgehammer acts as a bridge between "Part 1" (which encompasses vol.1-14) and leads into the events of "Part 2" (Scarlet Order).

Yeah, I would definitely be up for a reboot anime too, if that were possible.
Seiru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Huh,Evergreen was on my to read list.I guess I'll start to read it now so I can decide if I should own it.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote
Happy to see Hitomi's Monster Infirmary got licensed but extra excited about Dance In The Vampire Bund 2 I've "triple dipped" the orginal series.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:21 am Reply with quote
Clay Lord sounds like a cute shonen manga. Am I correct in thinking that it's for a younger demographic than Seven Seas' usual releases?

If Evergreen is written by the same author of Toradora and Golden Time, it should be good (and maybe have an anime adaptation someday...)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2