• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Yu-Gi-Oh! Film Now in Development in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveUzumaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:01 pm Reply with quote
This sounds awesome! Makes me wonder just what the movie will entail, and which of the protagonists will make an appearance. I'm just curious that if this gets any kind of theatrical release in the US, how well it will do. When I saw the limited run of Bonds Beyond Time, it was literally me and probably 10 others in the theater.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
SteveUzumaki wrote:
This sounds awesome! Makes me wonder just what the movie will entail, and which of the protagonists will make an appearance. I'm just curious that if this gets any kind of theatrical release in the US, how well it will do. When I saw the limited run of Bonds Beyond Time, it was literally me and probably 10 others in the theater.

Woah, really? That's sad to hear Sad I was kinda lucky though. The theater I visited was full of super-nice YGO nerds and everyone had a blast that night (I did not spot even a single empty seat)

That being said, I do hope the movie production will not affect Arc-V's qualities. Last time when Bonds Beyond Movie in the process of development, ZeXal suffered serious production issues
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
Last time when Bonds Beyond Movie in the process of development, ZeXal suffered serious production issues

Don't you mean 5D's suffered?
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
New Yu-gi-oh movie? I'm in. Interesting how most of the other long running series like One-Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Pokemon, Inuyasha, etc. have a good number of films, yet Yu-Gi-Oh so far has only 2 (3 if you count the Toei one). Now what series/characters will appear? Will watch all the same.
SteveUzumaki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Engineering Nerd wrote:
SteveUzumaki wrote:

Woah, really? That's sad to hear Sad I was kinda lucky though. The theater I visited was full of super-nice YGO nerds and everyone had a blast that night (I did not spot even a single empty seat)

That being said, I do hope the movie production will not affect Arc-V's qualities. Last time when Bonds Beyond Movie in the process of development, ZeXal suffered serious production issues

Yeah, it's true. It was kinda sad, but was still fun though. Everyone in the theater had on t-shirts from the Abridged series except me (didn't have one yet), and some brought their card collections as well. I was extremely surprised when I saw how empty the theater was, but I was able to get a good seat as a result, which is a good thing.
DavetheUsher

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
MajinSaga wrote:
Damn! People actually watch the yugioh anime?!?

lol, you serious? It's one of the biggest properties in the world. What kinda question is that?

EngineeringNerd wrote:
Woah, really? That's sad to hear

I doubt most fans would go watch a 4kids dub of a movie. Only kids would do that. Most just watch the sub.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2