• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Under The Dog Anime Reaches Kickstarter Goal

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ironwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I haven't posted in years and mainly have been bored with the standard fare of anime that has been released ad nauseum. Since I prefer the action chick genre (e.g.: Black Lagoon, Claymore), this caught my attention.

I like the anime concept, and I like the idea behind the funding for the development. Seems like a reasonable investment risk for a product that provides the type of entertainment I like.

After mulling it over and doing some due diligence, I thought, "What the hell! Let's be part of this!," and sent them $500.

Though anime certainly doesn't have a great ROI, this might lead me to pursue more comprehensive anime development investments and possibly have a small part in the production if a future anime product. Sounds like a fun retirement hobby!

Good luck guys!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
You'd also have a small part in it for the shows you desire if you had bought the Japanese BDs of Psycho-pass and GitS: Arise. Those are exactly what you want.
thelastgogeta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
Now, its time to wait for a whole year.

Meh, it'll still come to fruition before the Osamu Tezuka's The Crater Kickstarter (I pledged enough for a book there, still waiting): animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-04-15/kansai-club-publishing-to-release-osamu-tezuka-the-crater-manga

Despite none of the other projects I've supported releasing a product yet (well I've seen Mighty Gunvolt and Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z's Mighty No 9 stuff, but that isn't the real thing), I supported this one. Hopefully, it'll turn out well.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
You'd also have a small part in it for the shows you desire if you had bought the Japanese BDs of Psycho-pass and GitS: Arise. Those are exactly what you want.

You don't seem to understand, if I support this project, I'll be in the special thanks page among thousands. >_>

In all seriousness, there is a more tangible sense of us affecting a product when we support Kickstarters even if they can go south due to tons of circumstances just like any product. I try to use that mindset on your post when I support particular games and other media but there is something special I suppose about this sort of relationship.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4