• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Trigger (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Episode 68:

A lot of analysis this episode. The snowy field real makes quite a battlefield. Very exciting stuff this week.

The second half of the episode really made a good impression with the core members of both sides fighting. Quite the thrill. And also, I kinda feel bad for Osamu again. He seems to be always be one step again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Wrong place at the wrong time. While he might not have gotten himself into that position to begin with, I don't think even Kuga could have seen that coming or defended against it.

I hope something happened off-screen where they figured out a way for Chika to shoot people, or that she finally just comes to grips with the idea and does it. She could take out everyone and 2/3 of the city with multiple shots and not even have to hide before anyone got to her. Like right now, she could blast the building the remaining 4 are in and take them all out at once.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:02 pm Reply with quote
How in heavens could he have avoided that? Anyone who has been sniped through a wall before in a game might feel a level of frustration in seeing what happened.

Looking in the map, they are fighting in the school, which seemed to be where Chika had been waiting since the beginning of the battle. So if Chika could actually be useful with her abilities then maybe it could have been him setting it up for Chika to blow away the entire hallway and 2 people from 2 other teams each. It would have literally shown some strength of implied strength on his part of planning and maybe even using his weakness to lure people in.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:53 am Reply with quote
I don't think that was the plan, since both of them got attacked before Kuga could meet up with Osamu, and Kuga seemed surprised that he got delayed on his way there.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:13 am Reply with quote
Tough stage..
Let the games begin!
Lots of players and strategizing.
Mikumo got hit in an incredible way..
Poor guy.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 69:

Damn, that was..intense! Pretty good episode with tons of action. I just wish the recaps weren't 4 minutes long.

I like how the battle royal gave every team some spotlight including their captains, Chika, Yuma, etc.
The snowy battle ground also makes the fighting more rough so that's something to take notice of. We also got some info about the different type of sniper rifles too. Skilled users are capable of using different version of them to their advantage.

That cliffhanger looks exciting with Yuma as well.
Can't wait for next week! This is what the ranked wars is all about.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking she could take out 4 with one shot. At least she pulled the trigger for once. Not sure why she bailed out immediately instead of running to hide and bagworm herself as soon as she fired.

I suspect Yuma will take down whatsisname by somehow faking emotions or making it seem like the emotions are coming from a different direction. They've been hammering that point home so often, they have to use it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Well, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one thinking she could take out 4 with one shot. At least she pulled the trigger for once. Not sure why she bailed out immediately instead of running to hide and bagworm herself as soon as she fired.

As I said Chika had been there since the beginning of the fight. While she was able to shoot, it is somewhat frustrating that they were all able to see it coming and she then ran away. Running away in a situation where there was little actual danger to her just feels kind of cowardly

If Chika had such amazing Trion, then not only could she use bagworm without much worry, but the invisibility one too. Could she have done better if she used a different rifle?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:45 pm Reply with quote
With her blasts I don't think the rifle matters much. More that she can't aim at people, so she didn't hit the building where she needed to to take them all out, knowing there were people inside.

If she didn't have that limitation, she could just destroy the entire city and all the players in it with multiple shots.

So Azuma took that shot through 3 walls? Wow.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:33 am Reply with quote
So Mikumo is out..
That was a stupid way to go.
Chika attempted something brave, but it kinda backfired.
Looks like this bunch is too tough for our our trio (now duo).
Was surprised that Kagekura squad helped her out a bit.
Now Kuga is the only one left..
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:14 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
If Chika had such amazing Trion, then not only could she use bagworm without much worry, but the invisibility one too. Could she have done better if she used a different rifle?

Not without being able to shoot people. They have three rifles, Egret, Lightning, and Ibis. Egret's built for range. The more power you put into it, the further a shot goes, but power and speed are the same. Lightning's built for speed. The more power you put into it, the faster shots from it go, but it's shots remain relatively weak, and the range the shortest of the three rifles. Ibis which is what Chika has been using is built for power. The more power you put into it, the more powerful the shot, but while it's range is between the Egret and the Lightning, it's the slowest and heaviest rifle. So switching from the Ibis to something else means giving up the cannon blasts in favor of something less spectacular.

As for using the bagworm and chameleon at the same time, that goes back to the explanation for Border triggers. They're built to have 8 slots which can be filled with various triggers, 4 for each hand. They can only use one at a time per hand, and that includes ones like the bagworm. So using a bagworm and chameleon at the same time to become invisible and undetectable means being unable to attack.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 8:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 70:

Heh, even if Osamu's team didn't prevail, I still give them a lot of credit for trying. Jin's decline to join his team doesn't surprise me since he had other priorities. That cliffhanger though....

Btw, I heard this show is going to end soon, like around the end of the month.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:30 am Reply with quote
What, in 2 or 3 more episodes? I guess that means the next invasion will be successful and destroy the planet then, huh.

Seriously, I thought this was pretty popular in Japan. Is it ending, or just hiatusing until they get more to adapt?

That thing about variable team size seemed to conveniently come out of nowhere, since we've never seen other than 3-person teams.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:03 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Seriously, I thought this was pretty popular in Japan. Is it ending, or just hiatusing until they get more to adapt?

It lost it's timeslot. Absent any announcements about a timeslot change, the presumption is that it's ending. Whether or not it'll manage to start up again is unknown.

Quote:
That thing about variable team size seemed to conveniently come out of nowhere, since we've never seen other than 3-person teams.

Umm, those four person teams it mentioned were some of the first teams we saw. Miwa's team had four field members when they went after Yuma, and Arashiyama's team had four field members when they came to Jin's aid when Border sent squads to take Yuma's black trigger by force before he enrolled in Border.

The difficulty in managing four team members is probably why the author went to three field members or less for most other teams. Arashiyama's squad ended up being Arashiyama, Kitora, Satori, and a guy that's not particularly memorable or noteworthy. Miwa squad ended up being Miwa, Yoneya, Narasaka, and a guy that's even less memorable and noteworthy than the guy on Arashiyama's team.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:14 am Reply with quote
Ok, I guess I wasn't thinking of the active teams in the field being the same as the teams vying for ranks in the rank wars. I figured like if you could field a team that moved up in the rank wars, all the team members would get personally ranked. Where Border chose to send individuals and how to combine the best teams afterward was up to Border (even if it makes sense to keep you with people you're used to working with). Like Rank Wars seem more like war games which don't necessarily dictate where you send your personnel during a real war.

So what I meant by we hadn't seen 2 or 4 person teams before, I was talking about in the Rank Wars. We haven't, have we?

So now that that's cleared up...I'll forget it all by the time the series returns, if it does. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 19