• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Watch the Parasyte Opening Hand-Drawn in the Style of the Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:50 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
I like the anime design WAY better. The manga designs looks so... generic.

Well done ろはら. While i like the anime design but i prefer the manga ones. The story is about slice of live gone wrong. The monsters and the otherworldly aspect of the narrative stand out way more if a clinical and less stylish art style is used. Anime is still amazing but i whish was panel by panel like Monster and didn´t censor the gore a bit. SO looking forward to the last episode on screen and with voiceacting. My favorite manga finale ever.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sanyo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:39 am Reply with quote
I actually made a comparison for this Very Happy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Urm08v9hGuA
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
The retro-ness of the manga look actually stands out from the current styles, so that automatically makes it more memorable as to pick from the usual suspects lineup.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
The retro-ness of the manga look actually stands out from the current styles, so that automatically makes it more memorable as to pick from the usual suspects lineup.

But the reason Parasyte was made into an anime was not said retro-ness (unlike, say, jojo), it was the solid plot which even today feels fresh (unlike, say, smc).

TBT we should be grateful, had parasyte been made into an anime two decades ago, it would have been an OVA with six episodes, a divergent ending, lower animation quality and there would be no consideration for a remake (same as nobody nowadays is thinking of doing a remake of Video Girl Ai).
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
THE THEME IS IN ENGLISH?!

I was so taken aback by the lyrics in the video that I had to watch it a few times before I could analyze the differences between the original manga and the anime designs. Does anyone know if the lyrics in the vid are official? Because a little bit of Googling shows that there are many different divergent interpretations, but it's not exactly Engrish, either, because they seem to make sense...

Sanyo wrote:

Thanks! So after watching that, I have to agree with everyone that Kanna looks better in the anime, but I really like Shinichi and especially Murano's original designs better. Murano in the anime has slightly downturned eyes and a big forehead, which makes her look like she's always sad. Shinichi looks more masculine with the more rectangular chin, as opposed to the triangular one he has in the anime.

Talking about Shinichi looking masculine, did anyone else notice the "Marry Me, Shinichi!" comment on the video? Laughing
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:09 pm Reply with quote
Sanyo wrote:

Nice work Smile
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea that most of the opening was in English until I watched the subtitled version of the opening. Surprised
I have to agree that the anime version of the characters look more attractive than that of the manga. The facial expressions don't seem to stand out much in the manga version.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I had no idea that most of the opening was in English until I watched the subtitled version of the opening. Surprised

There's always different lyrics for Engrish songs.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
^
I made a small laugh when Wario was mentioned in those misinterpreted lyrics. Laughing
Doomroar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:29 pm Reply with quote
Running Wild wrote:
The original manga designs were alot better.

Word! also this version includes the detective and the head officer, instead of the 2 filler girl characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2