• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Blazing Trials

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
I have about 3 or 4 chargers laying around in my closet so it's no real bother to me. You can buy them for around 5 dollars either way so I don't see much of a big issue, especially when it's been like this in other countries for the past few generations already.

I'm more upset over the lack of regular 3DS. I suppose it makes sense. I remember when I went into Gamestop awhile back and I saw far more XLs on shelves than regularly ones. I'm not sure I saw regular ones at all. Maybe Americans just have too big of hands on average? The original Xbox Controller was huge for that same reason. I prefer the regular size, though. The XL is too big to be portable and it blows up the graphics too much.

-Stuart Smith
methedemon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:04 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Hm, nothing on today's article interests me. I wonder how Japan is enjoying Tales of Zestiria right now. Can't wait for that to come here! Smile

The game sucks.

[Edit]: removed troll. errinundra.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Why do you think it sucks? I can't imagine that you have played very much of it, if at all, yet.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:44 am Reply with quote
I wonder about the timing of the Grim Fandango remake. Could it be following in The Book of Life? Could it also be before DIsney-Pixar's Day of the Dead, with concerns about Disneyfication where Disney's adaptations often override in the public mind what they're adapted from?

Enner wrote:
Yeah, the AC adapter thing is a cynical cost-saving and cash grab. It will suck for the retail associates that have to remind customers to have an AC adapter.

I'm going to guess that it's going to have warnings everywhere on the packaging, promotional stroe displays, and on the system itself when it's first used that there is no AC adapter. Even then, I find it a highly questionable move, as you'll still get plenty of buyers who miss all of the warnings and complain.

Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Nintendo sold the Original 3DS at $200 with the AC Adapter included. The price of the New 3DS XL is the same as that of its predecessor. If I were to buy that adapter, I would be spending $10 more on a necessary hardware piece that cost Nintendo only under a dollar to make.

I got ripped off. I got my original 3DS at $250.

Stuart Smith wrote:
I'm not sure I saw regular ones at all. Maybe Americans just have too big of hands on average? The original Xbox Controller was huge for that same reason. I prefer the regular size, though. The XL is too big to be portable and it blows up the graphics too much.

-Stuart Smith

My guess is the touch screen. A larger screen means less precision. I remember when the DSi XL came out, one of the first games people tried on it was Meteos, which otherwise required pretty precise touch screen swipes. There's also the deplorably diminishing ability for people to write coherently because they could type or text whatever they would normally write, meaning you have fewer people who can make said precise movements, which to my knowledge isn't as pronounced in Japan or Europe.
OtakuKitten

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
OtakuKitten wrote:
I am a little pissed off though that most of my downloaded content on the Wii U didn't show up in my club account. Meaning I'm missing a couple 100 coins or so . Did anyone else have that problem with their digital content?

If you linked your Club Nintendo account to your Nintendo Network ID on your Wii U or 3DS, they should be showing up. I got my coins from eShop games without a hitch.

I linked both systems to my account and for a while they were showing up on my Club Nintendo list but in the last few months they just stopped showing up. I've tried contacting someone and re-linking the accounts but they still aren't showing up.

I'm not too upset about it. I might miss a few things towards the end of the program but there's no problems with the games so I have nothing to complain about.
Southkaio

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:01 pm Reply with quote
My wish is to see Tatsu from "Xenoblade Chronicles X" with the voice of Peter Stormare a.k.a. Meltdown from "Transformers: Animated". Because I think that this would be perfect for a Xenoblade video game. Your thoughts?

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2