• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?' Anime's 2nd Promo Previews Opening Theme

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
blessed wrote:
So is this harem romance or romance romance with a harem?

While I don't know how you define these two types, from what I've read about it, it's a harem.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:17 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
blessed wrote:
So is this harem romance or romance romance with a harem?

While I don't know how you define these two types, from what I've read about it, it's a harem.

To me, the former is primarily a Harem show with the Romance elements taking the backseat - as in, all the females have never seen a guy before, so they swoon over way-too-bland MC-kun for the stupidest reasons ("he picked up my eraser... That means he's the one for me! Kyaaaaa")

The latter is a Romance genre first, with Harem second - as in, our capable and smooth-talker MC-kun actually gives chase after some girls, let them chase after him, socialize and get to know each other before the Swoon happens. And he manages to repeat the process multiple times.
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:10 am Reply with quote
There's also a preview of the PV for the ending theme on Kanon Wakeshima's official site
No anime footage in that one though.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
@Hameyadea
If it follows the book closely, this should be adventure first with very slowly developing romance and harem aspects. The only girl he runs into in the dungeon spoiler[saves his ass and is a lot stronger then him. The dungeon in this world is heroes only.]
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:

@Hameyadea
If it follows the book closely, this should be adventure first with very slowly developing romance and harem aspects. The only girl he runs into in the dungeon spoiler[saves his ass and is a lot stronger then him. The dungeon in this world is heroes only.]

Of course it's better to surmount her to his level
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2