• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: My Love Story!!

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Huh, "Teh Rules" are now listed at the top of the page when you make a post??

Anyway, can we please get an announcement for a second season already?? It was nice to see Yamato choose Takeo again, and the way he called her by her first name near the end was so adorable~!

The reason for the rules to be there is now to safeguard any person wanti g to make a stupid comment in which it can make it faster to catch them on their bs and effectively punish them. But you know humans once somebody says you can't do something, they do it anyway but the warning is there for all to see and hopefully obey.

As for monotagari I loved it from the second I saw it randomly on crunchyroll and decided to pick it up. It really was a refreshing show to watch. It really dealt with relationships in a real fashion that I really do appreciate especially the last arc and suna's as well even though the latter I had mixed feelings about.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
While I feel like this plot was finished a little too quickly given the tone of the previous episode, I thought it had some really strong points.

-Takeo being gracious enough to not begrudge Ichinose a possible win, given that the competition was legitimately important

-Takeo being willing to step aside for Ichinose if it was what Yamato wanted (and also showing that he's not fatalistically altruistic; he did want Yamato to choose him)

-Yamato wanting Ichinose to win for himself.

Funnily enough, I thought Yamato was starting to catch on when Ichinose was going on and on about the muse business, but that was a separate issue altogether. ^^; I still would've liked to see Yamato and Takeo talk the Ichinose issue over rather than just let the guy run rampant with his imaginings, but that might be expecting a bit too much of high schoolers. I liked that the show allowed Yamato to assert herself unequivocally though, and the awkward hand holding at the end was adorable.

I'm glad I gave this series a chance, and I'm happier with how often it surprised me. I hope it gets some kind of official release overseas. Smile
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's the perfect cherry on top of a sweet, if not remarkable, finale.

I thought the finale was remarkable in that it seemed like an actual finale for once. Smile Those become more and more rare with every season.

Quote:
Weirdly, Takeo doesn't feel as insecure or heartbroken as he did last week. ... I also think the framing of this whole subplot is a little odd. The tone is too serene whenever Takeo thinks about Yamato choosing Ichinose over him. He was seriously broken up and jealous about it last week, but while he does some jealous things (like spy on her), the mood of the visuals and music doesn't give us that feeling.

To me that felt like they were showing that he had come to terms with the possibility that he might lose her. Last week it was a shock out of the blue, so he was in a total panic over it. This week he had resigned himself to whatever choice made her happy. Even if he were heartbroken by that choice, he loved her enough to want her to be happy above all else. Of course, he still had to keep talking himself into that stance. Smile

justsomeaccount wrote:
Also, Suna screaming.

Also Takeo's father screaming. Laughing
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:01 pm Reply with quote
The anime was really good, I enjoy it. But, I think takeo was really too naive. He really doesn't like to fight.

I like that in the ending all characters make a little appear.
Brand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Beetus complete. Now, I must read the manga because I though pretty much all the characters in this series were totally adorable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Great anime, not sure if I like it enough to read the manga but I definitely would welcome a second season.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:51 am Reply with quote
The anime ended with chapter 32 from the manga if anyone cares and they rushed and skipped a lot as last act sprints are a Madhouse curse... An entire arc about Ai was missing too and they also creating a more desperate atmosphere for fake "drama" for the last 2 episodes. Oh well and the anime´s ratings were very impressive for what it is while the manga is swimming in sales and acclaim/awards so we may get a second anime round one day. Till then and try out Yawara, Last Game (manga) or the Love Com anime adaptation (the manga falls apart during the skipped/changed second half) for more lighthearted sit-com goodness.
Anime in that format are kind of rare so i decided to keep my "excellent" rating despite the series falling short form the manga due to low production values and inferior scripts at time. The Va´s were top of the line though and the music was very fitting. I will vote for it in the 2015 anime top 5.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
katylyn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know the name of the guitar instrumental playing when Suna & Take were on the beach? I'm absolutely in love with it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 11 of 11