• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Snow White with the Red Hair (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Everyone pretty much wrecked shop. Raj got some merchant ship to intimidate the Claw into returning to base, he pulled off an incredibly gutsy move to destroy their ship, and then Zen and the Lions I guess followed the bird to go around and get their base from behind.

And yeah, totally not surprised that he was her father. I imagine Shirayuki tell him off for the jumping to conclusions that led to kidnapping her, and probably do the Shirayuki thing of looking at medicine for all the people. I was actually a little disappointed that Shirayuki's response was not to get to action in considering the medicine she might need to help the people after the battle. I guess was pretty ragged from the fear of being sold off, the prospect of her losing her freedom earlier in the series was enough for her to go to another country.

Kind of an off topic note that is mostly about myself, but some of the ship parts totally made me think of my time driving ships in Assassins Creed: Black Flag.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:12 am Reply with quote
"driving ships"? Laughing

DuskyPredator wrote:
Raj got some merchant ship to intimidate the Claw into returning to base, he pulled off an incredibly gutsy move to destroy their ship, and then Zen and the Lions I guess followed the bird to go around and get their base from behind.

He got a whole fleet of merchant ships to block the ship indicated by the bird (along with, well, its distinctive flag and sails...but nevermind, we totally needed the bird to find her!) and hopefully force them to return to their base. Zen and the Lions went to the mansion that Mihaya's family used to own, correctly divining that that was where the pirates' base would be.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:32 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
"driving ships"? Laughing

Well I was originally going to go with "pilot".
What is the term for the use of commanding a ship?
I suppose it would be sail, right? But what do with a ship or boat that does not have a sail?

I know that I am such a dork. And I totally forgot that Mihaya knew where to go. Actually I forgot about Mihaya like every episode and struggled to remember who the character was when he would appear on screen.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:38 am Reply with quote
Pilot would have been fine. You can also skipper, captain or helm ships and other craft (including air and space craft), but a lot depends on what kind of boat and where you're moving it through (I think there are some legal technicalities about whether you can call yourself a skipper if you only have a pilot's license and you're navigating through docks to and from shore, or if you're the pilot and you're illegally doing hands-on navigation in such areas).

With no sails, I guess you're rowing, paddling, or sculling, or you're floundering in the doldrums. If you're the one yelling at the scullers, you're the coxswain. Smile
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:31 am Reply with quote
So many verbs. You seem to know a lot about this, and here I was talking about a game where I can make pirates sing different sea shanties like changing a radio channel.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:01 am Reply with quote
Then I guess you'd be the conductor. :D
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:52 pm Reply with quote

Silly Mitsuhide. We all know what you really wanted to say there Laughing
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:53 pm Reply with quote
season two, episode seven

I'm a little surprised that no one has mentioned the animation. As in, how little of it there was! The episode looked awful. It really drained the excitement out of what should have been quite the adventure. It also was a return of the show's bloodless combat sequences, which I'm not enthused about - life or death combat seems like something that should be handled with appropriate amounts of horror or not at all.

Anyway, it's nice that this arc is apparently done. The Shirayuki visiting Tanbarun section was thinner than it should have been and then the whole kidnapping ordeal has been played entirely away from the series' strengths. I'm looking forward to something different and chance for this season to redeem itself.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I did! Well, for a couple of minutes, and then I decide to move the post over to the review thread when I saw that was already up. Embarassed

I don't know, it was like there were two directors, one handling the action scenes and one handling the personal scenes and they both ran out of time and threw it at an editor and said, "Here, splice these together somehow, we gotta work on the finale."
Aylinn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like this arc too much, but even though it didn’t interest me, there are things that I like about it:

- Zen announcing his brother that he wants to marry Shirayuki.
- Raji, who would have thought that this caricature of a prince will get some really good development.

The bad thing is that the axis of this show is Zen and Shirayuki’s relationship and Shirayuki’s career as herbalist and this arc didn’t really contributed a lot to either. It developed Raji, but for what purpose? The only sensible thing I can think of is that Raji can give Shirayuki some title so that her social position is closer to Zen’s.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:59 pm Reply with quote
He did give her a title! Friend of the Crown! :D
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Don't forget about Obi. His failure to project her looks to have an impact in the next episode.

Obi is my favourite character so yay for that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 8:

Looks like a transition episode and a lot more relaxed than some of the previous ones now that Shirayuki is safe again. (hope that cut heals fast tbh)

Zen's father is such a cool dude as well imo with his jokes. (lol, the reaction between Zen/Shirayuki during that stairs scene is priceless). Glad to see Shirayuki catch up with Obi as well too. The dance this episode has a graceful feeling to it. Can't wait for the new arc next time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:33 pm Reply with quote
"Encounters change the shape of the place of hidden passion." What the heck does that mean? oO

Otherwise, it wasn't a bad wrap-up episode. Their neon faces lighting up the forest was funny. However, it's really rude to fall asleep without a word while someone's talking to you, I don't care how exhausted you are. Unless you're narcoleptic, you can feel yourself drifting off, so before you do, just mumble, "sorry, tell me again when I'm awake," and conk out.

Funny to hear Toru Ohkawa as Shirayuki's cool dad just after hearing him in Ace of Diamond as Coach Ochiai. (I actually had to look that up in the series' end credits, as he's not in the Encyclopedia for either role. Sad I should fix that.)
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:32 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Zen's father is such a cool dude as well imo with his jokes. (lol, the reaction between Zen/Shirayuki during that stairs scene is priceless).

You mean Shirayuki's father? Zen was refering to him with a word for father, but I think it was in more of a joke way, or perhaps other thoughts of how Zen is planning to marry her, and he will gain a father in law.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10