• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:

I agree with you about the selection process. The anime has information holes you could drive a bus through. Just as an example, the Demon King's people seemed have a much better idea of how the braves were selected and when.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Quote:
They also knew all the details about the barrier while the braves knew very little. The whole plot to create the locked room thing was set up weeks if not months before the braves were selected.

You should remember that they already mentioned that the man who originally created the barrier was a cautious person and revealed the process of activating the barrier only to a limited number of people. One of those few people could've easily been a companion to the 7th (I mean, for Pete's sake, if the princess of an entire kingdom was a traitor, I'm sure anyone could be one as well ). And we've already seen fiends that can shapeshift. Perhaps the man should've been extra cautious. Wink

Psycho 101 wrote:
I agree 100% It also has parts that simply make no sense. So assuming Nacho is not lying about the 7th to cover for someone (at this point I'd not even be surprised) then why the hell did she go so nuts and attack Adlet? I mean I get the fact she had to attack him to keep her cover but it went way beyond that. The crazy homicidal rage she had when he was thought to have hurt Hans and was truly the 7th.

Simple, she's bloodthirsty. She might go on about how she's striving for peace, but it's also pretty obvious she's not all there in the head.

Quote:
Plus from the time the sky went all dark and bloody and "ooohhhh the demon god is coming" to when she comes upon Adlet in the pit there was not much time. I guess she is real quick at putting on henna tattoos to get the fake mark on her. It just feels like they spent all those episodes leading up to that moment and it was very underwhelming.

Keep in mind that we have no idea how the fake Brave marks work. I doubt it's as simple as just putting a fake tattoo on or just carving one into your skin. For all we know, she could've gotten hers in the exact same away Adlet did, but from a different source.

Quote:
What really gets me is the fact that they were so worked up and spent so much time on figuring out who the 7th was, but yet when a new "7th" shows up they barely give it 5 seconds of thought before just rolling out. Yes I know they were trapped in a barrier before but good god, you'd think after all that crap they would at least sit down for 5 minutes and be like "well ain't this some shit" before just all casually getting ready to head out. Plus for viewers who watched all those episodes of suspense to figure out the 7th to get yet another show up out of nowhere sort of seemed like a giant middle finger.

Well, they are on a time limit. If they had all day I'm sure they would've talked about it more, but the entire world is kind of at stake here. They'll probably just deal with it on the way.
Assumingorsomething

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
*SPOILERS*

I was really drawn in by this anime and really did find myself interested in the world and the mystery... even though I did guessed who the 7th was quite early on. It wasn't too hard.

1. It needed to be a main character to make it dramatic, that made it either Hans, Adlet, Flamie or Nachetanya.
2. The amount of time they spent building up the love triangle and then turning it entirely to him loving Flamie made Nachetanya kind of pointless and had to be removed.
3. Nachetanya is repeatedly shown as one of the crazier braves with her messed up moral code, happily attacking her friends with deadly force, insulting people loyal to her, stealing, etc.

It just seemed too obvious for me.

The reveal of the new 7th Brave honestly just seemed dumb. I realise they did it in the LN but I still didn't feel it was really necessary to the story overall. You replaced one mystery with... the same mystery.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 21 of 21