• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
These Manga Need An Anime!

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:37 am Reply with quote
>Citrus is on the list

ANN, you have made my day! Citrus definitely needs an anime. From what I have seen, Ichijinsha is looking for an anime studio that will do the adaptation. I hope we get to see an anime announcement in the first half of 2016.
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:41 am Reply with quote
Thirding the vote for Arisa. I loved the manga, and I think it'd work really well as an anime. I'm pretty sure the review of volume 1 on this site said something like "shojo with a hint of Naoki Urasawa" which is true.

Definitely agree with Limit and Red River too, but the art is definitely very dated in Red River... Not sure how they'd work with that.

I also think Otomen by Aya Kanno would be a really nice anime. It'd appeal to Ouran fans for sure and the manga art is really nice.

Speaking of yuri, I'd love for Girl Friends to get an anime adaption too, but Citrus is probably more likely.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
What about "Fort Of The Apocalypse". That`s a fire in a box, right now. (Any moment will explode and grow large.)
RHorsman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Give me a Vinland Saga anime. And please don't mention that crossover short from a month ago.

Co-signed. It would be great as a Garden of Sinners type series of short feature films actually (assuming a world where budget and likely return are no object, natch).
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I'm surprised to see desire for an Ubel Blatt and Cage of Eden anime, let alone a Sora Nagihara one. That said, it'd be fun to go through them again, but on the moving screen.

As for my list, Psyren takes the top. Shaft, Ufotable, Madhouse, I don't care who*, but I want it animated!

Other things I would like to see animated are:
{Unannotated lists are not allowed. ~nobahn}

*Okay, that's a lie. If Silver Link or ARMS got it I would weep.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Cage of eden sound like infinite ryvius for anyone who can't wait for it to be adapted.

Ubel blatt could work, but they'd need to work on those fight scene. I remember them being really unimpressive. I don't know if an anime could survive on shear shock value for very long.

Glad someone mentioned Teppu, although that will never be adapted, woman mma, good luck with that.

Yostuba is the obvious example, but that also will never happen, author is firmly against it.

Another personal wish would be the legend of the sun knight. But I don't think its too popular, so most likely won't happen.

Knight run would be wicked, but I don't know how active the Korean anime market is.
Utsuro no Hako

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to assume that Sakamoto Desu Ga, My Hero Academy and The Ancient Magus' Bride will get series as soon as they have enough material.

Magical Girl Apocalypse would be fun in a trainwreck sort of way.

What I'd really love to see are more mature romance series like Love at Fourteen, Horimiya, Good Ending and Citrus.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:20 pm Reply with quote
I may be beating a dead horse by saying Lucifer and the biscuit hammer needs an anime but....yeah it needs an anime already, as well as Mizukami's other stuff. I doubt it'll get one because I'm sure no one will know how really to market it but I'd like to see what an animal land anime would look like just for the heck of it...

My hero academia is sure to get an anime eventually (whether it'll be good or not is another story) and as someone who wasn't really desperate for a one punch man anime, it's nice to be pleasantly surprised by how good it is in that medium to not make me dismiss the notion of an adaptions so much... at least with cases like those, I still firmly believe shonen demographic works, less they be romance or sports series, will almost always just be given the kiss of death.
Souther

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:33 pm Reply with quote
I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Otogi Matsuri should've gotten an anime. Btooom's good (and the manga's been getting even better with each passing chapter), but Otogi Matsuri is Junya Inoue's better work out of the two, easy. It should've been animated first instead of Btooom.

Wicked article and nice choices (Citrus was unexpected!), though I think Cage of Eden and Ubel start off strong, but kinda degenerate over time.
Hellfish

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Hell yes! Red river with an anime would be interesting. For all the stories of "High school girl stranded in another world" this one does really well, it's not perfect but way worse tales of the same genre have been adapted so why not this one?

I think I will never see a good anime adaptation of a Kaori Yuki manga Sad I think I would really like to see Ludwig Kakumei adapted... one can still hope I guess.

And if I ever see an anime adaptation of Ooku: the inner chambers I think I will overload with hapiness... but it's Josei... probably won't happen -.-

No, live actions are NEVER an aceptable substitute... NEVER (for me obviously)
lebrel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Let's go for some beautiful-people-in-intense-psychological-distress shoujo borderline-horror:

Afterschool Nightmare, Setona Mizushiro: intersex teen with gender issues gets enrolled in a boarding school that has dream therapy sessions where students with psychological issues fight each other for the right to graduate, and gets into complicated romantic/sexual relationship with two other equally screwed-up students. Gender trauma, psychological trauma, weird bisexual love triangle, outstanding symbolic/surreal imagery, emotionally intense.

Requiem of the Rose King, Aya Kanno: Shakespearean tragedy filtered through shoujo, so it's all beautiful people being tormented and insane and doomed. The English War of the Roses, featuring Richard the 3rd as an emotionally abused intersex teen (with gender issues) as he becomes consumed with revenge and falls off the sanity cliff into inhuman-monsterdom. Gender trauma, psychological trauma, TRAGEDY, revenge, weird bisexual love quadrangle, symbolic supernatural visitations by the ghost of Evil Joan Of Arc, emotionally intense, and gory action sequences.

These would both make great anime (or big-budget Hollywood movies, come to that), but I don't think either of them is popular enough, alas (and Afterschool Nightmare is long finished). Everyone should read the manga, though. Especially Requiem of the Rose King: vote with your dollar for American publishers to bring over more older-targeted, intense and disturbing shoujo. (Romcoms are fun, but there's a lot more out there.)
danpmss

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
An anime for Umineko would be great (I don't even know why they never made one). Preferably by ufotable or Madhouse, since Studio DEEN would certainly fudge up everything completely haha
maoyen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
These are all great, but why the hell did Akumetsu never get anime? I mean it came before Death Note for crying out loud.

That said, I love what I read of Ubel Blatt. It's like a lesser Berserk.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:23 pm Reply with quote
ha i saw gou-dere in shrink wrap at my local chapters and thought "this must be a pretty raunchy title to get the shrink wrap treatment, maybe i'll get it somewhere down the road"

im mixed on cage of eden getting an anime, though i loved the story i distinctly remember raging about it having an axed/abrupt ending spoiler[there was that kid who got his 'limiters' or something turned off who helped in the shadows and was never seen again despite being clearly active, there was that shadow/in his head/clone of the MC who was in some of the earlier chapters and i think was directing the kid mentioned before so that was a huge unresolved thing, and there was the sudden time jump at the end that just seemed utterly ridiculous ] if they continue and possibly even make a new ending that resolves all the mysteries i'd definitely chuck money at it.

and ughhh citrus, brought back a creepy memory. I was reading the back of the book cause hey im pretty open to any type of media as long as its interesting and this young adult/youth walks up to me and says "eww stop reading yuri manga and read naruto". He had this weird look on his face so i just put it back and left the store. Wasn't sure if he was literally retarded(as in medically proven) or just a fanboy but i didn't want to take chances with either. Well guess i'll go and see if its still there

Ha ubel blatt, i remember that, pretty sure i dropped/put it on hold round chapter 100 or so cause of the spoiler[saves loli's life by licking every crook and crevice of her body] i can only take so much fanservice till it creeps even me out, that and certain plot elements seemed to only be there only to titillate the reader but masquerades as tragedy, unlike berserk which IMO are usually framed to remind you their world is pretty damn shitty. well should it get an anime i'll definitely check it out cause some of the mc's sword techniques were pretty damn cool.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I also think Otomen by Aya Kanno would be a really nice anime. It'd appeal to Ouran fans for sure and the manga art is really nice.

I'd definitely watch this. I only read maybe 3 volumes, but it was good. Very similar to monthly girls Nozaki-kun in a way, so I'd imagine it'd do fairly well.

FilthyCasual wrote:
- Rave Master

Rave Master WAS turned into an anime. I'm not sure if it just outright flopped or if there was a good reason why, but it only lasted for like 3 volumes. But maybe since Fairy Tail got huge and Rave Master is by the same person, it could ride on their coattails...very unlikely to ever seen an adaptation so long as Fairy Tail is still ongoing though. The character are practically cookie-cutter copies even if the plot is completely different.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 11