• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: No-Rin BD+DVD

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naftali Poritz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:42 pm Reply with quote
One thing I'm disappointed in Funimation doing is for the most part, since fall 2016, is that they stopped dubbing insert songs where the anime characters sing.

I read the reviews, and I'm liked Jad Saxton's singing in No-Rin. I also read how at the last moment the Guilty Crown production committee forbade Funimation from dubbing the songs, as the fictional band became popular enough to become a real life band, and in order to promote the singer, they didn't want Alexis Tipton's singing being associated with that character.

I Thought Love Live, maybe I understand, but then in other anime since fall of 2016 on home video, they just abruptly for the most part stopped the practice of dubbing insert songs sung by anime characters or any kind of singing, and I'm not completely sure why. Don't know if it has something to do with lower budget to spend for each anime video dub and release because of the mass licensing and broadcast dubs, or if no longer having enough time is the issue.

I want Funimation to go back and make more of an effort to dub whatever singing they could.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3