• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bleach Manga to End on August 22 With 'Important Announcement'

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pizza35

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
Finally it's ending. Given that there was a huge quality drop after volume 20 or so (after the spoiler[rescue of Rukia]) it's really impressive it went on for so long. After that volume I felt like there was nothing at stake, nothing to care about for the reader, and a total lack of consistency. The author seemed not to care and just drew bland antagonists one after the other. I like to see Bleach as a really nice 20 volume battle-manga and to forget about what happened after.

I've been waiting for it to end to pick it up again and read it in one go. I believe I stopped around volume 35 so that's not even half of the story ! I hope there are at least a few interesting fights in the 40 remaining volumes.
Grumar

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
I haven't really kept up with bleach in either manga or anime for a long time. the filler in the anime was worst filler I've ever seen, and the manga just didn't hold my attention, I really liked the beginning through Ichigo saving Rukia but after that it just seemed lack luster, but the series did deserve a better ending than this, It's going to be utterly shit because they're making Kubo rush it. I feel worse for Kubo than i do any of the fans cause he knows he is ruining his own story, his own creation because some corporate dick head decided it wasn't worth keeping it running even just to finish the last bit of story up.
vision33r

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
4 years of mindless see-saw battles and it literally took just one chapter to end the fight. Bleach has tons of potential but ruined by bad progression and lack of creativity.
Spawn29

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:05 pm Reply with quote
I rather if they just start over with the anime than pull off another Final Act type of show.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Grumar wrote:
I haven't really kept up with bleach in either manga or anime for a long time. the filler in the anime was worst filler I've ever seen, and the manga just didn't hold my attention, I really liked the beginning through Ichigo saving Rukia but after that it just seemed lack luster, but the series did deserve a better ending than this, It's going to be utterly shit because they're making Kubo rush it. I feel worse for Kubo than i do any of the fans cause he knows he is ruining his own story, his own creation because some corporate dick head decided it wasn't worth keeping it running even just to finish the last bit of story up.

Isn't it strange we had someone grumbling about this same thing a week ago but had nothing to prove it happened?
Adv193

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:36 pm Reply with quote
As long as they can produce an anime sequel series similar to Inuyasha Final Act to finish that rest of the Bleach manga then it would be fine.

It would be too messy and time consuming to do a full remake as unlike Fullmetal Alchemist which Brotherhood had to do a full reboot because of how the previous story had ended.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:33 am Reply with quote
Meexa wrote:
Somewhere wrote:
Wait, has Bleach's merchandising side ever bounced back recently? I last checked a few years ago, and the way I remember it, Bleach's manga sales made up almost the entirety of the series' revenue.

I can believe that because bleach's video games were not that good especially when you compare it to dbz tenkaichi series and naruto storm series.

Hopefully somebody will make another attempt though at a good bleach game.

I must be in the minority because I thought Soul Resurrection was a pretty solid and fun game. In fact (I might be called a dumbass for this) the only reason I bought a PS3 was to play that game. But I agree; I don't think it's on part with the Naruto Storm series. And I can't speak on the Tenkaichi series because I've never played em.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:44 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
Enturax wrote:

That's unlikely. Video games are always there to boost Anime or the Manga sales, which still would be a possibility, but almost as small as anime continuation.
Even japanese people should know that not everything can be made as LA movie/series.
Do you realize that most things I listed is really happened with "important/big announcement?" Suzumiya Haruhi and Gurren Lagann get "big announcement" and what we get is the damn pachinko machine. Recently Fairy Tail get "big announcement" too but what we get is something to do with Fairy Tail's art exhibit event. Even Gintama get "big announcement" and we get is a live action movie.

And FYI I typing this in joking manner so why so serious?

Umm, can you read? I clearly cited only "Bleach game on console " and "Bleach Live Action movie or drama". -.- And you're the one that is clearly super serious here.
SillyPerson

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:05 pm Reply with quote
I will be very pleased if the new announcement is that they will continue the anime to cover the story arcs the original anime did not cover. Otherwise, I will keep hoping they eventually revive the Bleach anime to finish the story of the manga. It doesn't necessarily have to be done as an anime series, it could be done via OVAs or anime movies, but I'd prefer it as an anime series like before.

I hope Orihime Inoue ends up replacing the Soul King and ruling the entire universe as the Soul Queen, only because that would be a very funny ending that nobody at all would expect (other than maybe fans of Puella Magi Madoka Magica or The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, both shows where some random girl ends up being God for no particular reason). OK so maybe that type of ending is a little bit predictable since we have seen it in other anime... I am hoping for something unexpected and interesting, anyway. It might also be nice to see Sosuke Aizen end up winning because I have always liked him and it would break the winning streak of Ichigo and the other heroes of the show. But I am just expecting the typical, usual, Ichigo the hero saves the world and beats the bad guys kind of ending, which has happened so many times in the anime it's gotten kind of boring.
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:42 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
I'll keep my hopes low for the return of the anime. Well, it ends 15 years and 2 weeks after it began.

Ironic seeing as we first saw Itsygo when he was "15" years old. Twisted Evil
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:55 am Reply with quote
It would be nice if it is for another TV series. If so, then it is a must for them to have it dubbed and put on Adult Swim.
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Long overdue considering how plodding the series became from the Hueco Mundo arc onward (which is now ironic considering how rushed the ending is). It's weird how many SJ titles are ending this year and Bleach seems to be the end of an era in SJ with fewer DBZ-alikes being attempted (probably because people finally got the memo that the formula was mostly due to Toriyama being lazy) and the shounen demographic moving more towards comedy or clever tactics in battle. I can't see a new anime being made due to Bleach's dwindling popularity and I'm not sure we'll see Kubo for awhile. All in all, it ends like Naruto: far too overdue with fanfiction renditions probably being better.
Ecchi-Go

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:03 pm Reply with quote
This note is likely not news, to those of you who follow anime and manga news closely, but I did a search for "if the anime was going to continue" news which got me to this news post. It took some digging for me to figure out what this big announcement ended up being...

...I was bummed to discover it was a 2018 live action film... *whimper*

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-08-18/bleach-manga-gets-live-action-film-in-2018-starring-sota-fukushi/.105510

I only posted this in the older announcement thread so that those who followed the path I did would know where to look next.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6