• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Charapedia: Haikyu!! Season 3 is Most Anticipated Fall 2016 Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dark13

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
HOW THE HELL IS KEIJO!!!!!!!! NOT ON THE LIST! Did they not even watch that Amazing trailer or what? Seriously Anime is saved and Japan doesn't even know it. Shocked
lets be real here Keijo looks very sexy but its just fap anime like Bikini warriors Laughing nothing that grand Laughing
+ 光

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:02 am Reply with quote
Well I'm an enthusiastic anime fan so I have 16 shows I'm looking foward to, 5 of which are sequels and 2 of which are not on the list. The one is of course Yuri on Ice!!!, and the second is All Out!!, which is cruising under the radar right now, but I'm not too worried about that. If anything these two shows could be noteworthy for their animation. I doubt they will be the 'Cheer Boys!!' and 'Days' of Fall 2016 *touch wood*.
cloud8100

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:41 am Reply with quote
Probably the only one I'll be watching is Ajin.
SnowyLightning44

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote
I pretty much agree with the top 3 of the poll since the sequels are what I'm looking forward to most this season although there's also more Gundam and both Drifters and March Comes In Like A Lion look interesting so I'll try those two out
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quote
HueyLion wrote:
killjoy_the wrote:
This poll just made me realize I'm not actually looking forward to anything next season, so I just had to vote for whatever three anime I'm probably going to at least watch the whole way through.

Nothing? Dam i thought everyone would at least be hype for Haikyuu season 3

One thing I've found about this community, is that there will always be that group of people who think the next season is the worst ever. I have consistently had several shows to watch for every season that I've been following simulcasts(since Spring 2013), and every single one of those seasons, some vocal fans have whined about it being the worst season ever. In fact, a lot of the same people. Only in hindsight, will any of them have a half accurate view of how the previous seasons were, which will only then be used to say the next season will be horrible, in comparison. On a couple of the anime podcasts I listen to, the same hosts will literally call every upcoming season lackluster, or the worst thing ever. I've thought about editing together a video of all of them over the seasons, but it'd be just a little too much work. I have years of content for it though.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Calm down folks, the next season just has nothing I'm particularly looking forward to. 3gatsu is the only adaptation of something I've read and I'm not too much of a fan of the manga, plus the studio doesn't really grab me as a fit for the material, and the sequels don't really sound all that appealing either (I didn't really like Bungo 1, have not watched any Haikyu, disliked Wixoss, am not caught up with Natsume's Facebook Page yet, have not watched Gundam: Okada version, and the only sequel I'm semi-excited for, Euphonium, I think has already shown its best, and there's nothing I feel the second season has to add when it comes to premise).

I haven't really looked at the anime originals nor the staff for the shows yet, since I usually leave that for the first day of the season to decide on what bundle of shows I'm watching. This new season just didn't have the right-off-the-bat catches to me.
The Mask

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I feel a bit sad that Tiger Mask W is not on the list. So all the hype I've seen about the show didn't really translate into as much excitement as I thought.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:18 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Calm down folks...

Sorry, maybe I should have dropped your quote. I don't care what you do with your time, and didn't mean to target you specifically, and I am also quite calm, I was just making an observation. Like I said, there are a substantial number of people who do this literally every season.

In your particular case, it sounds like you are probably in this boat because you aren't following things as closely as some people are. For me, there are at least 5 shows that I'm immensely excited for(Edit: And this has been the case for me literally every season since Spring 2013 when I started), and many more that I will give a shot to. As a huge fan of sakuga, Flip Flappers is my number 1, but Euphonium, 3gatsu, Ajin 2, Drifters, Bungou Stray Dogs, Yuri on Ice, Girlish Number, that new Working thing, Shumatsu no Izetta, and Occutlic;Nine all look promising to me, personally.

Last edited by relyat08 on Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kon'Doriano

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Drifters, Gundum, Haikyuu, March Comes Like A Lion, and Zaregoto are the only titles this Fall that caught my interest.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Based Japanese women with their impeccable taste strike once again. Though there seems a bit of crossover in titles this season more so than usual. Consider me surprised though that Touken Ranbu is not higher on the women's list, but maybe they're more excited for the serious one coming out in winter instead?

Personally what has my hyped this season is All Out!!!, Touken Ranbu, and Yuri!! on Ice. I'd count Haikyuu!! too, but the poll only allowed for three and I've voted for Haikyuu!! enough in past polls. Next season looks pretty solid though.
relyat08

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:35 pm Reply with quote
^^

I'm honestly a little surprised All Out!!! didn't show up on the Women's list. Everywhere I go, that seems to be getting quite a lot of chatter. I guess it's just too new and unknown.
Agent355

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans 2 didn't make the poll's top ten.

I think Fall 2016 will be a strong season. Had trouble choosing only 3 shows! Definitely the ice skating one, because I love figure skating, G:IBO, because the first season was good, and Trickster caught my eye as a potentially good Ranpo Edogawa adaptation.

But there's also anime about adorable baby yokai, dictionary editors, an alternate take on WWII with witches and magic, and Drifters that all look good.
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
Fall is the worst season so far for me.
Izetta,Sangatsu no Lion, IBO season 2. Only these anime catch my attention.

But I will try to watch some other series. Maybe it will make me stick like I watch Summer anime and liking New Game! which is initially not in my watch list.
Merida

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:30 am Reply with quote
There are at least seven shows i'm looking forward to (and as shocking as this may seem, Haikyuu!'s not among them,,, Wink ) and that's without knowing what half of the other shows are about...so yes, looks like another busy season for me. Smile
Ashymo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:10 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
^^

I'm honestly a little surprised All Out!!! didn't show up on the Women's list. Everywhere I go, that seems to be getting quite a lot of chatter. I guess it's just too new and unknown.

The magazine it's serialized in has a quite a low circulation to begin with, and most of works published are mostly rookies works, one shots etc. so, yeah you're right it's too uknown right now. The anime could change that though and give more exposure to the manga.
Anime originals like Yuri on ice, Trickster, Magi-kyun weren't on the female's list either. From what I see most of the anime that showed up on the list were anime that have source material like manga/Novesl etc. I guess, unlike the western female anime fans, they don't like to hype up stuff they don't know barely anything about..unless the anime has a great seiyuu line-up *cough*Osomatsu-san*cough*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3