• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Card Captor Sakura Franchise Gets 'New News' in November

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thread_Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:01 am Reply with quote
I would love to see a new version with an updated look but if it's going to be closer to the manga then hopefully it will be a movie. Personally I always liked the way that the anime expanded the story. Since it was only 50 episodes it didn't feel bloated. Especially since the show is basically divided into 2 story lines.

Either way I can't wait for the "new news"!!! Laughing
CCTakato

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I thought they already said before they would not be remaking the anime but the new series would be an adaptation of the new manga chapters? Considering they're announcing this along with a new chapter of the manga, that seems like the most likely scenario.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:28 pm Reply with quote
FireballDragon wrote:

And let's not get started on the Nelvana dub...

The Nelvena dub is fine, name changes and the occasional questionable voice aside. The main cast is pretty solid.

Unless you're referring to the Toonami run which is another thing all together as that's on CN and not on the Nelvena dub, which did air relatively uncut (those name changes aside) in Canada when it aired on Teletoon.
Ringking

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:07 am Reply with quote
CCTakato wrote:
I thought they already said before they would not be remaking the anime but the new series would be an adaptation of the new manga chapters? Considering they're announcing this along with a new chapter of the manga, that seems like the most likely scenario.

Of which theres currently a grand total of 4. Not enough for an addaptation.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
Carly McKillip, the Nelvana voice of Sakura, has a younger sister named Britt who plays Princess Cadence on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Check out the 3/2013 YT video called "Britt & Carly McKilip Interview - EQI - Las Pegasus Unicon 2013".
kakoishii

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Thread_Alchemist wrote:
I would love to see a new version with an updated look but if it's going to be closer to the manga then hopefully it will be a movie. Personally I always liked the way that the anime expanded the story. Since it was only 50 episodes it didn't feel bloated. Especially since the show is basically divided into 2 story lines.

Either way I can't wait for the "new news"!!! Laughing

There were in fact 71 episodes of CCS, not 50. That said, it was a very comfortable 71 episodes of which I thoroughly enjoyed Wink

Had no idea they had started up new chapters of the manga. This really excites me because CCS was my gateway anime and I was a huge fan back when I was kid. I even ran my own fansite, ha! I would love it if they could do a reboot series of sorts ala Sailor Moon Crystal (sans the ugly cgi transformation sequences), but I would settle for a new series and a redub of the original series. Even though I dropped $200 on that NISA release 2 years ago, I would double dip for a better dub than that animax one we got on that release Rolling Eyes
Thread_Alchemist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:08 pm Reply with quote
kakoishii wrote:

There were in fact 71 episodes of CCS, not 50. That said, it was a very comfortable 71 episodes of which I thoroughly enjoyed Wink

Had no idea they had started up new chapters of the manga. This really excites me because CCS was my gateway anime and I was a huge fan back when I was kid. I even ran my own fansite, ha! I would love it if they could do a reboot series of sorts ala Sailor Moon Crystal (sans the ugly cgi transformation sequences), but I would settle for a new series and a redub of the original series. Even though I dropped $200 on that NISA release 2 years ago, I would double dip for a better dub than that animax one we got on that release Rolling Eyes

Oops mistyped. I meant 70.

I stand by my earlier point though I would love to see a movie closer to the manga but I'm so attached to the original run of the anime that I don't think I would watch a full series. Whether it was closer to the manga or a continuation of the 90's anime.
I'm at least glad that we are getting a lot of new merch from the series.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
The Nelvana dub is fine, name changes and the occasional questionable voice aside. The main cast is pretty solid.

Unless you're referring to the Toonami run which is another thing all together as that's on CN and not on the Nelvana dub, which did air relatively uncut (those name changes aside) in Canada when it aired on Teletoon.

Actually it was Kids WB who ordered those edits happen since that's where it originally premiered here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2