• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Digital Manga Hints at Offering Tezuka's Under the Air, The Crater Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TonyTonyChopper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:49 am Reply with quote
When you talk about Kansai Club you are not actually talking about a real company more a fake company run by this Don Andew Nevo i actually saw him on his facebook acount posting video's of him holding fancy parties from the money sometimes there's no justice in this world and evil wins.
Kickstarter and Amazon didn't give a damn either because they got money ... yet ANN refuses to declare him a fraud Confused

That being said glad this is being clared up i hope that compensation is up to any good also Under The Air is amazing excited about this even though i already had both titles in French for years ...
Land Stander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:30 am Reply with quote
TonyTony, I'm sure you are right. In retrospect it is amazing how much EVERYBODY got on board, and granted him all the credibility in the world. Never published a book before and people were writing his company's biography. My own belief is that he started with good intentions, but was unskilled, inexperienced, uninformed and finally scared, irresponsible and immature. In the end he scammed. Well, we still don't know any facts other than he took money and did not deliver. All the more reason to go with the guys who have the track record of printing about 20 Tezuka volumes.

Last edited by Land Stander on Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:25 am Reply with quote
Cutie: Well, they can't do anything about shikishi on this one, anyway, because Tezuka's dead. So you got nothing to complain about in regards to that issue for The Crater.

Tony: They probably don't wanna get sued for libel. I'm not a lawyer, but dude's gotta probably be arrested first. But I'm sure DMP and TezukaPro are trying to make that happen.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:25 am Reply with quote
Gatsu, I'm 100% sure that DMP will not offer any Tezuka signed artwork for any of its Kickstarters. When his artwork comes up for sale on Mandarake, it can often sell for the same price of a new car. No, my concern is that DMP says one thing to get you to sign on to the project and then decides to change that after the campaign closes and you can't get your money back. You don't tell backers one thing during the campaign and then, with a new project manager now assigned, decide to change things months after the pledging period has ended. That's just poor business sense.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:49 am Reply with quote
Cutie: Well, I dunno about KnJ, but they've been good on the Tezuka stuff. And this is one they especially don't wanna eff up for obvious reasons. So, they're taking your input very seriously this time.
katscradle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Cutiebunny wrote:
No, my concern is that DMP says one thing to get you to sign on to the project and then decides to change that after the campaign closes and you can't get your money back.

I hope you get the sketch you requested. Like I wrote earlier I've had problems initially getting everything I pledged for on multiple occasions. The last campaign of theirs I backed I didn't pledge as much as I thought about because of it. So I can't imagine trusting them enough to pledge in the thousands of dollars.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
katscradle wrote:
I hope you get the sketch you requested. Like I wrote earlier I've had problems initially getting everything I pledged for on multiple occasions. The last campaign of theirs I backed I didn't pledge as much as I thought about because of it. So I can't imagine trusting them enough to pledge in the thousands of dollars.

Really? I've done several big pledges (not thousands, but above $100) on their Kickstarters and never got shorted anything, even when getting add-ons.
katscradle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:
katscradle wrote:
I've had problems initially getting everything I pledged for on multiple occasions. The last campaign of theirs I backed I didn't pledge as much as I thought about because of it. So I can't imagine trusting them enough to pledge in the thousands of dollars.

Really? I've done several big pledges (not thousands, but above $100) on their Kickstarters and never got shorted anything, even when getting add-ons.

Yeah, really. But that's good to hear it's been positive for you. It doesn't seem to matter what I pledge for. They've messed up or forgot add-ons, books, merch... I may just be unlucky. With hundreds of backers and all the add-ons to keep straight I could understand a mistake here and there.

Last edited by katscradle on Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Mewzard wrote:
The video game Kickstarters tend to take the longest. Just a month back or so, I got my second Kickstarter ever, the game Obduction, and it was great.

I can assure you it's not only video games. Mai Mai Miracle is almost contemporary to Obduction and the ball has started rolling just recently. Hopefully. Funny(unless you're a backer) thing is the Japanese release will probably come out earlier and also include the kickstarter-funded dub...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:02 am Reply with quote
Speaking of Tezuka, his protege (Shotaro Ishinomori) is long past due for a Kickstarter campaign. If they could get a Kickstarter to have all the "Cyborg 009" volumes as a digital manga on their site, I would be happy to chip in.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Speaking of Tezuka, his protege (Shotaro Ishinomori) is long past due for a Kickstarter campaign. If they could get a Kickstarter to have all the "Cyborg 009" volumes as a digital manga on their site, I would be happy to chip in.

Personally, I'd love a Kickstarter for Ken Ishikawa's Getter Robo manga. All five series were collected in nine huge volumes, and that'd make a great addition to the shelf.

Though some Ishinomori would be great (Maybe some Kamen Rider stuff).
Land Stander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:47 am Reply with quote
When will this Kickstarter start kickin' ?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2