• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: To Love Ru Darkness 2 Sub.Blu-Ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:48 pm Reply with quote
GoldenPincers wrote:
The To LOVE-Ru franchise is very ecchi, especially Part 2 (Darkness), but like the review says, it manages to keep a decent level of quality characterisation, conflict and development, mainly on the 3 weapon sisters. Yabuki's drawing skills are godlike by now in the manga, and studio XEBEC adapts that very well.

Quote:
I'm especially looking forward to Darkness's third season which should be announced soon since there should be enough unused chapters to support a season.

I sure hope we get Darkness S3, and it'd be surprising if it didn't, considering TLRD is XEBEC's golden franchise. Plus, the two intense fights that happen as well as "that scene" at the end of the 2nd fight would be amazing animated.

Thank you for that. Exactly what chapter in the manga is the so called "2nd fight"?

SkerllyF wrote:
Not every anime series that to be "faithful" to its source material. As long as the studio knows the substance and tries to work with it, fine. Seriously, we need to disconnect from that stupid mentality of "faithfulness" and "make a remake/reboot".

Then tell me this. Why was Toei Animation able to make a remake of Dragon Ball Z?

That's what I was trying to compare it to.

Gemnist wrote:
If there is a fanservice show that deserves a dub more than any of the others, it's this show.

I couldn't agree more. You never know. Maybe it will have a dub one day. I have a few Canadian VAs in mind who I think might suit some of the characters. Richard Ian Cox would be perfect as the voice of Kenichi Saruyama (Rito's perverted friend) since he sounds exactly like Hiroyuki Yoshino who voices the character in the Japanese version. Also, I wouldn't mind at all hearing Rito being voiced an actress since the character occasionally changes into a girl. Akeno Watanabe seems to do fine voicing both parts in Japanese. For English, I'd like to hear either Cathy Wessluck or Venus Terzo take a crack at it. If there's no dub, then I'd at least like an audio version of the manga made, but who's gonna do that?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:07 am Reply with quote
I have a firm view that anime human/humanoid boys 13+ should be voiced by guys, except when there there is a gender-bender (cross-dressing or very effeminate). Heck, if Akeno Watanabe was to read this, offense would be intended in saying I feel you wrong for the part of Rito (that's putting nicely).
CANimeFan88

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:12 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
I have a firm view that anime human/humanoid boys 13+ should be voiced by guys, except when there there is a gender-bender (cross-dressing or very effeminate). Heck, if Akeno Watanabe was to read this, offense would be intended in saying I feel you wrong for the part of Rito (that's putting nicely).

I don't know if you realize this but the fact of the matter is that Akeno Watanabe for a long time has brought so much to the character of Rito that it's really hard for someone like me to picture anyone else bringing life to him. And besides, Rito isn't a very tough male character to begin with, sometimes but not a lot. In case you haven't noticed, Rito is mostly kind-hearted, very sensitive, and on top of that he hardly ever associates with other male characters. In fact, he's completely different from the rest. Take for example Saruyama or the VMC guys. Rito is mostly seen hanging around with girls and wants to understand them. He always does his best to cope with them despite being shy and having them fall victim towards his "shameless acts of god". So, all in all, I really don't see there being anything wrong with Akeno Watanabe cast as Rito. Probably better that way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2