• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan 2nd Season's 1st English-Subtitled Promo Video Features Beast Titan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Punisherrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
Another studio which killed the hype by having a low episode count per year. Smh. But I will prob get hyped once it comes
veemonjosh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Punisherrr wrote:
Another studio which killed the hype by having a low episode count per year. Smh. But I will prob get hyped once it comes

Honestly, they shouldn't have even done 24 episodes for the first season. That's why the break between seasons was so long, because there was only enough material at the time for two cours and they burned through it all in one shot.
Echii

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:53 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
Punisherrr wrote:

Honestly, they shouldn't have even done 24 episodes for the first season. That's why the break between seasons was so long, because there was only enough material at the time for two cours and they burned through it all in one shot.

THey have enough material for 3 cours now.

The second season will most likely stop at chapter 70 if it is 2 cours. Chapter 70 came out in june 2015. They could easily have made the 2nd season on late 2015 or early 2016 if they wanted
Heishi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Awwwwwwwwwww, here we go!! Very Happy

Bigfoot Titan, FTW!
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Getting around the region lock was annoying, but the trailer was awesome enough and totally worth it.

As for the CGI titans, the CGI is good enough for me not to mind. It blends in a lot better than other shows, and if it keeps the costs down in some areas so that they can make it look better than others go ahead. These guys aren't Ufotable; their budget has a limit.
Aspiringforce

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:32 pm Reply with quote
After 4 long years HUMANITY has been rewarded!
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Man they sure know how to get the hype train going again even though it's been diminishing over the past three years. Very Happy
Shinuki

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Punisherrr wrote:

Shingeki no Kyojin isn't your typical seasonal anime, this series doesn't need "hype" is the second biggest franchise in Japan in the moment and is already part of pop culture, they could just drop the anime without any promotion and people would go crazy and the BDs sells like water.

Who cares about "internet hype"? Rolling Eyes hype doesn't sell BD and doesn't make a anime good. Actually this necessity of "hype hype hype" about every anime has became seriously annoying in the anime community.
CeaseActivity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Punisherrr wrote:
Who cares about "internet hype"? Rolling Eyes hype doesn't sell BD and doesn't make a anime good. Actually this necessity of "hype hype hype" about every anime has became seriously annoying in the anime community.

Just because the show could sell well without hyping itself up doesn't mean that it wouldn't sell better with a hype wave. Sure, hype doesn't make a show good, but it does definitely increase sales and I don't really see how you can deny that.

Hype --> people talk about the show and it gets buzz on social media --> more people hear about the show and try it out --> show gets more views and the people who have the potential to like the show are more likely to find it and buy blu-rays.

Now, if you find that internet hype dimnishes your enjoyment of the show, what you have to do is to simply tune out of the conversation of the show and judge it plainly for what it is without others' opinions.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
This looks great, can't wait to see season 2 for Spring! It's been too long. Hope they can adapt as much as possible again.

true. however there is also a chance that it could end up getting the soul eater treatment and have an original anime ending, or it could go down the same as seraph of the end and have another incomplete ending for season 2 where people will have to read the manga to continue on. and its a more or less a given to manga adapted based anime series not names one piece or naruto.

regardless, the animation definitely looks impressive. here's to hope that there is a dual sim releases where the sub is released online and the dub is released on Adult Swim. i mean they HAVE to do it considering that season one is still on their on demand channel.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Enrique Suárez

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm so freaking hyped, finally the 2nd season of Attack on Titan! Very Happy
Punisherrr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:37 pm Reply with quote
veemonjosh wrote:
Punisherrr wrote:

This is very stupid. They should have done 24 eps first release then in 2015 another 24 eps could have been released and another 24 would be coming in late 2017/early 2018.
bleachigo66

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:43 am Reply with quote
Now that I'm seeing footage, Im so beyond glad that I never folded and read the manga. I was hesitant to even watch the trailer, but I've seen so many trailers for shows I've never seen released by funimation and I sdont think I've ever felt actually spoiled. Worth it. I just hope it is as successful for the industry 2017 as it was 4 years prior.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:19 am Reply with quote
HYPE! I'm so rady for this! Smile
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:59 am Reply with quote
In having us wait 4 years, this season having at least 24-26 consecutive episodes would be nice. However, at least we got "Jr. High" last year as a way to wait.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3