• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Mike Toole Show - The Other 100 Best Anime Movies of All Time, Part 3

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Swissman wrote:
It doesn't matter how many people chime in to the opinion of actually hating Urusei Yatsura – Beautiful Dreamer and trying to knock it down from its pedestal, because that movie is considered a classic in Japan. People still talk about it to this day.. That won't change; deal with it.

I do not think that anybody is trying to change anything. We are just giving our own opinions.

Some people are using this article and thread to make decisions about what to watch, which requires an investment in time, or even what to buy, which is an investment in time and money.
I think that those people deserve to know about dissenting opinions. They still get to make their own decisions.

Now, as I said in an earlier post, I am going to watch the Street Fighter II movie again to find out if I really do like it or I am remembering something wrong.
Fortunately it is still in my collection.
EDIT: I did watch it again and I did enjoy it, so I agree with Mike on Street Fighter II. This is an uncommon case where something that was not made for me still works for me.

Last edited by Touma on Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
[The Eleven Cats] would be a pretty standard kids' story, if not for the film's relentlessly inventive, colorful stylings, and its terrific soundtrack—this is a Group TAC film, so you know it's going to have good music.
Moar like a Group CAT film, amirite?

Quote:
This movie, not the goofy Jean-Claude Van Damme version, is the Street Fighter movie that the people wanted, and I think it's aged a lot better.
Hey, if there's another movie out there featuring better use of a stealth boat, I've been waiting 20-odd years to see it Laughing

Every time a part of this list comes out, I'm reminded of how bad I am at sitting down and watching anime movies, as opposed to TV series. (Which is odd, as I'd consumed tons of Hollywood movies in the early 00s before getting into anime.) They Were 11's about the only one I've seen, aside from an attempt at watching the first Kara no Kyoukai installment. I wasn't quite able to stay awake for it, but I blame that more on too much rich Christmas food and spirits at the time.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4