• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Reveals Himōto! Umaru-chan's English Dub Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
levonr

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Not sure if vic just stopped by in texas (which is common for mostly Sentai contracted actors to hop from place to place ala Adam Gibbs, Caitlynn and even Emily Neves) Or he did it in his home studio. But I'm certain if he stopped by. He probably just did some lines after his work on Utawarerumono: False Faces an left.

Todd Haberkorn has a studio in LA. Thats where some LA actors could record for FUNimation. He directed & recorded The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan there.

www.thehabertat.com/studio
bs3311

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Levonr wrote:

Todd Haberkorn has a studio in LA. Thats where some LA actors could record for FUNimation. He directed & recorded The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan there.

www.thehabertat.com/studio

Yes, I'm aware. Though I recall an actor at Ohayocon mentioning vic has tech in his house to record stuff for both LA and Texas. Plus Todd having a studio doesn't mean vic would use it all the time. Brett Weaver if I recall according to Molly Searcy, has his own in house studio too. And he lived in texas during that I believe (dunno if he moved after AOT Juinior).

But I'm confused where Todd's studio has to do with my comment about how Vic showed up or did lines for Sentai titles? Are you implying he could've used Todd's studio somehow? That would be nice. But that's speculation, just like mine.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:35 am Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:
At Ohayocon, Brett Weaver heard that Sentai got the new Ushio & Tora anime and was already interested in playing Tora again. Lets hope it happend!
It would be great to see Brett reprise his role. John Swasey could also reprise his role as he does some work with Sentai, I wasn't big on how he played it before, but his a lot more experienced now.
theNightster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:46 pm Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
bs3311 wrote:
At Ohayocon, Brett Weaver heard that Sentai got the new Ushio & Tora anime and was already interested in playing Tora again. Lets hope it happend!
It would be great to see Brett reprise his role. John Swasey could also reprise his role as he does some work with Sentai, I wasn't big on how he played it before, but his a lot more experienced now.
I'm interested in who's going to play Ushio, this one is going to be a new because the guy who voiced him in the OVA's died some years back, and I suppose Mayuko will have a different VA too as Mandy Clark disappeared from the voice acting scene years ago.
bs3311

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:39 pm Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
I'm interested in who's going to play Ushio, this one is going to be a new because the guy who voiced him in the OVA's died some years back, and I suppose Mayuko will have a different VA too as Mandy Clark disappeared from the voice acting scene years ago.

Exactly. that will be interesting. Though, if Kyle Jones/Chris Ayres/Jason Grundy was able to bring back Sasha Paysinger after roughly 7 years of being off the grid. Then anything could happen. Hell. Sentai dropped their ADR director hire page around when Emily Neves came back from NY and script work with Funi. AND voiced a main lead that uses Emily's higher pitched vocal range which is rarely used in her past work. Maybe one of the last 2 titles for #thedubsarecoming will be for Emily Neves to try and do directing again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2