• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 03

A lotta stuff happened!! Two cards this time! Lots of good scenes too, between Frog-Sakura, Yamada's "ame" joke (which I laughed at), Touya and Yukito's scene and Syaoran being a good boyfriend ♥

I didn't really notice the absence of Sakura's imfamous "hoeh?" sound when she is confused or distressed until this episode because she utters it a lot. Anime hyper Did she say it in the first two? I don't remember. Anime hyper She has changed so much; in the first series, I recall her being this timid little kid unsure of what to do and NOW she's so level-headed and perceptive and well-prepared; even keeping cards in her gym shorts; nice. Anime hyper

Calling it now; the new student will be the one she keeps seeing in her dreams.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:35 am Reply with quote
I was somewhat theorizing that we would find out that the hooded figure was Sakura herself, about how she is growing up. But specifically similar height and a transfer student, they will probably be the stranger.

Also, I need to stop my shipping in the show while there is a happy pair.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:07 pm Reply with quote
WHO EATS BROCCOLI WITH PANCAKES; THAT'S WEIRD.

Putting it with an omelet, sure but pancakes?
Loved the funny walking trees and Sakura's little freak-out. And Yue being done with Kero's nonsense implied by his =_= face.

That Japanese lesson was too advanced for me. Anime dazed

Sakura's profile in the manga reads that her most disliked food is konnyaku; hence Touya plotting his revenge to make that her breakfast. Anime hyper

SAKUxSYAO ARE TOO CUTE. BUT WHAT IS HE HIDING FROM HER!?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:33 am Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
WHO EATS BROCCOLI WITH PANCAKES; THAT'S WEIRD.

A brother who has his priorities in order to troll his sister? But yes, it was weird.

Chiibi wrote:
Loved the funny walking trees and Sakura's little freak-out.

I Will admit that I laughed at the walking trees.

There is this charm to this series that gives me feelings. When Sakura was up close to the trees I suddenly had a flashback to the episode of the original series, where the plants grow. Apparently The Wood, which apparently was also episode 4 in the original series.

I don't know if I was just noticing this now, but there was a lot of flowers motifs in the episode, especially with the new girl. And flowers appearing from interactions between girls....
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:10 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
[
I Will admit that I laughed at the walking trees.

How can anyone not? Anime hyper

That is like............something out of Fantasia. I so want to put 'the walking broom' sequence to this scene. Anime hyper
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 05

No new magical girl outfit this time!? I am disappoint. :[

That's the first time I saw someone shape the little bentou hotdogs into BUNNIES. Seriously cute. I tried making the octopus ones one time and really screwed it up badly. Anime hyper

Mutilated hotdog. :/

Tomoyo's singing was nice. Felt like a really abrupt ending though?
Southkaio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:42 am Reply with quote
I am sure that Saori Hayami, who performs the ending theme, will voice a character in the new anime. Since Tomoko Kawakami passed away, Rika Sasaki will need a new seiyū. If I am wrong, why the old seiyū are so attached to Sakura Kinomoto et alibi?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 06

Another lovely somewhat laid-back one like 05. Meiling fans will be so happy. And WE FINALLY GOT FLUSTERED SYAO-CHAN BACK. A+++ Anime hyper

"Oh I'm not that good."

*plays in perfect key entire time*

PFFFFFFFT BOI........Rolling Eyes

Sakura will wear a new costume next time! Yay!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

I don't know if it was just me, but this episode felt especially good for some reason. The plot alone was kind of cool with Sakura visiting Tomoyo's place, they try out Record, and the whole thing with Flight. Actually, it was kind of cooler in execution than it maybe sounds, like it certainly looked like they brought out the big animation for Sakura trying out Flight. her flying in the original series was something I always enjoyed, so her getting it again is cool.

I am curious about when this manga exactly went through this plot, because the drone feels like something pretty fresh. The drone actually worked quite well with some comic relief, the type to fill in a quiet moment with it buzzing past. And similarly there felt like something especially funny with the opening spot, with Kero on the web chat despite being in the same room, maybe my imagination but it felt like the music was done very well to highlight it.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:02 pm Reply with quote
WHAT.
A.
CUTE.
CARD.

I want it. (* ^ *) I'm so glad part of her outfit in the OP is actually that card and wasn't done "just to look pretty". YAY CLAMP.

I loved how Tomoyo's mum always fawns over Sakura too; glad that hasn't changed. Anime hyper

DuskyPredator wrote:
The drone actually worked quite well with some comic relief, the type to fill in a quiet moment with it buzzing past.

Yes, it did. Anime hyper I laughed every time they pulled that gag.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 08

WHY WAS EVERYONE WEARING THEIR SHOES INDOORS. SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN.

Kaito=IKEMEN. Guess we know who Akiho's crush is now. :'D

I want my own library too. Anime cry Damn rich kids.

Sakura asked Syaoran out. Hahahaha come on, Syaoran, THAT WAS YOUR JOB.

.....maybe he's feeling too guilty around her to take the initiative though....

HOW DOES ONE READ A BOOK IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE LANGUAGE IT'S IN.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

Kind of crazy, something was in the back of my mind about Sakura at the aquarium, and then there was a thing about penguins and I remembered. Sakura totally got a card here in the original series, and I know penguins were involved. And then Sakura even starts to mentioning it. I think the outfit she is wearing is even a re-creation. I can barely remember it because it was so long ago for me, but got a total nostalgia.
TymersRealm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:56 am Reply with quote
CC ep 9 is, in essence, a remake of TOS ep 3 "Sakura's Heart-Racing First Date". The basic plot points are mirrored, but there are some interesting changes. I was also getting a kick out of the "We've done this before" bits sprinkled throughout the ep.

I will admit I kinda groaned a little inside last week upon seeing the preview for ep 9. At least the writers were aware enough to make this ep remake a bit better.

Also, who else thinks the spoiler[actual English bits] are gonna feel awkward in the Dub?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:25 pm Reply with quote
TymersRealm wrote:
Also, who else thinks the spoiler[actual English bits] are gonna feel awkward in the Dub?

There is always the choice to just use a different language for the characters to speak.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Taking a break from the dream sequences for SYAOSAKU. There's so much of it this time. Anime hyper Everyone is supporting them; even total strangers. Well, if I saw two kids acting as cute as them, I would too, of course. Anime hyper

Enjoyed the 'cold war' between boyfriend and nii-chan. Felt like a great callback to the original and so was Sakura's new outfit. Syao got one too!!

My friend mentioned the dream sequences are "annoying" him and while I can't blame him; I myself don't mind seeing it over and over because the animation is so beautiful. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3