• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu Yu Hakusho Manga Gets New Animated Work

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:52 am Reply with quote
A shame it's only a special as if any shonen series needed a new final arc, it's YYH. The Three Kings arc was such a anti-climatic whimper to go out on.

Enturax wrote:
Haha, true, but then again: Toei proved to be one of the worst studios and Toriyama being a mediocre writer (without his editors) - way before Super. I doubt it'd have as many inconsistencies and lack of vibes of the original series as Super has.

Alright, A. This is being done by Studio Pierrot who has all the problems Toei has but often worse as shown by Black Clover. B. Said so-called mediocre writer is revered as a god by Togashi as shown in interviews and C. This is not really the right thread to being bashing Super in.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
A shame it's only a special as if any shonen series needed a new final arc, it's YYH. The Three Kings arc was such a anti-climatic whimper to go out on.

Enturax wrote:
Haha, true, but then again: Toei proved to be one of the worst studios and Toriyama being a mediocre writer (without his editors) - way before Super. I doubt it'd have as many inconsistencies and lack of vibes of the original series as Super has.

Alright, A. This is being done by Studio Pierrot who has all the problems Toei has but often worse as shown by Black Clover. B. Said so-called mediocre writer is revered as a god by Togashi as shown in interviews and C. This is not really the right thread to being bashing Super in.
Pierrot are capible though, just look at how well Osomatsu is animated(80s and 10s verion).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Look like manga ending adaption base on the clothing and the flower. They can easily release 1-2 ova to cover the final 2-3 chapter.
Enturax

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:

I remember Pierrot always making more quality stuff than current Toei (except for some episodes in 4th Ninja War Arc in Naruto)

I don't care what Togashi has to say here, Toriyama clearly is an inconsistent writer, it was proven in the original series and Z, and now it's even much more proven in Super.

I was just replying to a person that was bashing it in the 1st place and, c'mon, Super deserves all the bashing for being a forced money-grab crap. Plus, I used it as an example.
Zeino

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:05 pm Reply with quote
I won't argue with you about your prejudices, irrational or otherwise as that fruitless but
Enturax wrote:

I remember Pierrot always making more quality stuff than current Toei (except for some episodes in 4th Ninja War Arc in Naruto)

Bleach? Naruto Shipudden's boatloads of filler and glacial pacing? Tokyo Ghoul Root A? Those are to be consider quality stuff? Osomatsu aside it's been a long time since Pierrot been a consistently good studio.
danpmss

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Zeino wrote:
I won't argue with you about your prejudices, irrational or otherwise as that fruitless but
Enturax wrote:

Bleach? Naruto Shipudden's boatloads of filler and glacial pacing? Tokyo Ghoul Root A? Those are to be consider quality stuff? Osomatsu aside it's been a long time since Pierrot been a consistently good studio.

Bleach was absolutely well animated all around, I'm not sure what are you talking about.

In terms of consistency, especially for a long runner, it was probably one of their better works.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:57 pm Reply with quote
"Yu Yu Hakusho's" coming back. Will it be a reunion of sorts or what? I hope this comes here. It'll be interesting to find out what this is all about.
Tripple-A

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Even if it's just one little OVA I'm already really excited to see the guys back in action ^^
Gemnist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:03 pm Reply with quote
I’m hoping this is an adaptation of the manga chapters that were glossed over in the original Pierrot adaptation, even if Bleach is the WSJ manga that truly deserves that treatment. And speaking of Pierrot - can we all take a moment to “appreciate” that giant Asta statue in the background? Laughing
Enturax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:54 pm Reply with quote
danpmss wrote:
Zeino wrote:
Enturax wrote:

Bleach was absolutely well animated all around, I'm not sure what are you talking about.

In terms of consistency, especially for a long runner, it was probably one of their better works.

Exactly, Bleach was very consistent. Fillers in Naruto got crappy animation in the last arc and Tokyo Ghoul > Saint Seiya Soul of Gold.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2