• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Rumiko Takahashi Launches MAO Manga Series in May

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:47 am Reply with quote
Mainstream TV anime is a withering breed. Rumiko Takahashi is one of a handful left who can get manga adaptations onto mainstream TV timeslots.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:43 pm Reply with quote
This sounds like every mainstream Takahashi series I've ever encountered. Rolling Eyes Hopefully once the manga actually drops we'll get a better idea of what sets it apart from Rinne, InuYasha, Ranma 1/2, etc. etc.
Cyan Bloodbane

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested in hearing more details, and hope this is one of her more somber and serious stories.

As for people saying she got a little too JK Rowling ego about her works, I can only hope Rinne's take home pay woke her up to needing to create the times, not ride along with them.

https://imgur.com/a/VeyuaVi

Look at that drop. Down from 40 million copies of Inuyasha total sales of volumes, to Rinne's 3 million. Apparently Japan didn't care much for it (neither did I, too mellow, not weird enough, characters too flat).

It's tough, because I'm really rooting for her. I want to love her works, but Inu Yasha went on too long, and Rinne fell flat. I'm hoping for the best with this new one.

In the meantime, I wouldn't mind hearing some news about finishing up Ranma 1/2's 22-38 volumes stories.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2