• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll, Sentai Filmworks Partner for Home Video Releases

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Birriaman wrote:
Weren’t a ton of Sentai works taken out of CR just a couple of months ago? It’s interesting when you realize part of CR’s streaming portfolio was lost to licensing issues (?) just so a new physical format deal was struck with the same company. Not really understand what’s going on...

Actually, many of those same titles were taken off of Hulu in recent months prior to the CR exit, as well, so it may be a licensing issue, or perhaps even a concerted effort to shore up HIDIVE. CR also has a very bad habit of not telling anyone that a show's going to expire until days prior, since that was also a point of concern among many with the abruptness.

Altogether, glad to see CR & Sentai's on-again, off-again relationship on-again. It's like life imitating art…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Never_Know_Best

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinju’s next. There are very few recent titles I still need to own, but that is one of them.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 1:18 pm Reply with quote
This is nice!

I'm hoping to see some of my faves get released. For some reason Bakarina seems likely to be one to me, and that's my favorite isekai.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 2:45 pm Reply with quote
The CR title that really needs a BD release is Polar Bear's Cafe. That's all I ask of from this Sentai partnership.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Sentai, PLEASE get Planet With and dub it. Thanks.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:32 pm Reply with quote
So there-take that crapamation!!
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:41 pm Reply with quote
zrdb wrote:
So there-take that crapamation!!

Bruh chill. Funimation aren't the devil incarnate
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:40 am Reply with quote
Punch Drunk Marc wrote:
Showa Genroku, or quit wasting my time.

My sentiments exactly, and much more succinctly put. Smile

And it would probably be best if they didn't dub it, but instead supplemented it with copious translator's notes in the extras, or as a "signs"-type subtitle track option. I just don't think it would play as well in English, and in any case, I doubt they w/could afford the talent that would do it justice, even if the script was top notch.
Jefcat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 9:53 am Reply with quote
PLEASE! Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu and Given both deserve home video release
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Interesting to see Crunchyroll and Sentai Filmworks work together to release their titles on Blu-ray and DVD.

Curious to see if any future anime titles from Crunchyroll will be dubbed in Houston or 50/50 with some being dubbed in LA and some dubbed in Houston?
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:17 pm Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:
Curious to see if any future anime titles from Crunchyroll will be dubbed in Houston or 50/50 with some being dubbed in LA and some dubbed in Houston?

Well if Crunchyroll gets full rights to the next World Trigger season, I hope they send that back to Ocean because I doubt Sentai will if they're paying for it.
Ultimate N

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 12:20 pm Reply with quote
DisneyXAnimefan95 wrote:
Interesting to see Crunchyroll and Sentai Filmworks work together to release their titles on Blu-ray and DVD.

The four anime confirmed actually I think tell us exactly how that's gonna work. Bookworm was a dub that happened while it aired so that likely means Sentai will release all the anime Crunchyroll already dubbed and LA dubs will be for shows that have yet to air/are currently airing (I'm hoping for an Iruma fun release) Granbelm is going to be sub-only which means that likely some of the lesser titles will get released but without a dub. Meanwhile Food Wars says that there WILL be some shows that Sentai will dub given the fact that they've dubbed the past 3 seasons. World Trigger I just hope is a sign that the rest of Gintama will be dubbed by the team that dubbed the 2015 season just because I loved that dub and want to see the rest of it dubbed
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Ultimate N wrote:
Granbelm is going to be sub-only which means that likely some of the lesser titles will get released but without a dub. Meanwhile Food Wars says that there WILL be some shows that Sentai will dub given the fact that they've dubbed the past 3 seasons. World Trigger I just hope is a sign that the rest of Gintama will be dubbed by the team that dubbed the 2015 season just because I loved that dub and want to see the rest of it dubbed
I hope that means there's still a chance for Planet With even if it's sub only.
cyberdraco

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 3:33 pm Reply with quote
As long as Food Wars: The Fourth Plate dubbed.
Phrunicus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 8:14 am Reply with quote
FireChick wrote:
Still waiting on Laid-Back Camp and Place Further Than the Universe, though.

So very, very much this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3