• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:24 am Reply with quote
The first episode of the Highschool arc came out recently and I can confirm that it is indeed a fun chaotic time. We have jealousy, a mysterious genius girl, a class that is very enthusiastic and Nasa thrown into the middle of all that.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:18 am Reply with quote
So where's episode 2?
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:25 am Reply with quote
Seems like there will be an episode every few weeks or so? Either way, episode 2 released this week and it was another chaotic time. The group of schoolgirls are just as wacky as the regular cast and we are slowly learning more about them. That goes especially for the secret ramen influencer. On a sidenote, that spicy ramen straight up looks toxic.
Edjwald

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:26 am Reply with quote
Maybe since there are only 4 episodes, the show's going to stretch them out over the whole season?

I'm enjoying the teaching arc, but I don't know how I'd feel about it turning into a permanent gig. I mean, I don't know that it would make all that much difference. It's just that Nasa's oddjobs have never been that much of a focus point, whereas this particular job has almost split the focus of the show in half.

I'm also enjoying Aya and her antics, and from the preview, it looks like her and Nasa's cousin (who I also enjoy) might be going out on a date. Heh.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:03 am Reply with quote
I really like the teaching arc in that it breathes some fresh air into the series. That is not to say that the series is getting stale, far from it, but having an arc shake things up for a bit does help in keeping things fresh and interesting.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:33 am Reply with quote
So, season two was another great season and I really liked it, but these three episodes of the school arc are a step above it in my opinion. We have some new characters with quirky personalities who inject a bit of freshness into the anime. There is also the school setting itself to spice things up and now we have Kaguya clearly having some connection to Tsukasa. Given Kaguya being so fixated on the moon I expected there was something going on and episode 3 confirms it. Bit of a pity that the next episode is already the last one.
smurky turkey

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:49 am Reply with quote
The 4th and final episode of the mini season came out this week and it was an interesting watch. The same can be said for the 4 episodes as a whole. We got a new setting, lots of new characters, more of the corny romantic/humor moments and even some solid main story progress. The mini season offers some of the best content thus far and judging by the cliffhanger(ish) ending, plenty more is to be uncovered/experienced.

As for when though....there was no third season announcement after the last episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2