• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Kiyo in Kyoto: From the Maiko House (TV)

Genres:
Themes: geisha

Plot Summary: In Kyoto's "hanamachi" geisha quarter, after geisha finish their work late at night, they spend the night resting at a lodge to prepare for the next day. The story centers on Kiyo, an Aomori native who works as a cook in a geisha lodge in Kyoto after finishing junior high school and leaving home. She also has a friend named Sumire who is a maiko, or apprentice geisha. (from Preview Guide)
----------------------------------

The key art is kinda' cute, and I do like me some Kana Hanazawa. Looks like like it could be a potentially neat slice-of-life show.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I've enjoyed the first two eppies but it seems to have a bizarre release schedule. Does not seem to get a new episode every week.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I've enjoyed the first two eppies but it seems to have a bizarre release schedule. Does not seem to get a new episode every week.

Yeah, it seems to be on a monthly release schedule even though they could have made it a weekly release of short ten minute or so length episodes considering that each half hour episode has several segments.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1