• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Reincarnated as a Sword Light Novel Listed With TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:37 am Reply with quote
I just hope whoever subs this keeps the word shishou untranslated, because translating it as master opens an unecessary can of worms.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:34 am Reply with quote
battle-arc-fan wrote:
Whether it will be adapted the same way is anyone's guess - as the "Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies" and "The Secret Dungeon only I Can Enter" anime adaptations were WAY more family friendly than the source - but "Reincarnated As A Sword" LNs subjects its 12 year old catgirl lead to no small amount of fanservice. And in the LNs this character actually looks 12 as opposed to the Yoko Littner "drawn to look way older than she is allegedly supposed to be" thing.

I would say the fanservice in the LNs is quite small (the manga OTOH..). I only recall the one illustration demonstrating how underwear works with a tail and nothing beyond that in the text either.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:20 am Reply with quote
Penrhos wrote:
Great - another Isekai trope...

At least they're not adapting the vending machine one...

You said that, because you secretly want them too.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if this is the start of more unusual isekai's getting animated. That vending machine one always did seem odd, but I'd be curious to check it out.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Tanaka launched the novels on the Shōsetsuka ni Narou website in October 2015, and Gentosha began publishing the series with illustrations by LLO in April 2017.

Is the Japanese Wikipedia page wrong? It lists a 2016 publication date.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Shay Guy wrote:
Quote:
Tanaka launched the novels on the Shōsetsuka ni Narou website in October 2015, and Gentosha began publishing the series with illustrations by LLO in April 2017.

The article is wrong and you are right. The first light novel volume was indeed released July 30, 2016 (amazon jp link for reference; 転生したら剣でした 1 (GCノベルズ) Tankobon Softcover – July 30, 2016 )

Article author might possibly confuse it with the first compiled manga volume which came out in Japan April 24 2017...
Giovanni Jiménez

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy that Japan doesn't care about Western opinions.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Isekai taking "I am the bone of my sword" literally now. I'm not too high on this. Maybe a trailer will change my mind.

Giovanni Jiménez wrote:

I mean... there's Pocket Monsters. Removed some of the Japanese centric stuff that was in the early series to cater to foreigners. Can't even have Pikachu runs under a girls skirt. lol
Replica_Rabbit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:16 pm Reply with quote
This isekai look like it fun, but I want more konosuba type of isekai.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:02 am Reply with quote
Giovanni Jiménez wrote:

"Will we be able to sell the overseas rights for lots of money" is absolutely a factor in what light novels get anime adaptations greenlit. Pretty sure that's part of why there's so many isekai anime.
Sekaro

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:42 am Reply with quote
Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? There's plenty of other isekai light novels that got greenlit for an anime adaptation. I thought this was par for the course like for a while now Laughing
Kyoshinhei
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:22 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Connor Dino wrote:
At least in this one the main character will be....sharp.

I am sure it will have...pointed...commentary.

How edgy.

C'mon, cut the lame puns, will you?
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:46 am Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:
Shay Guy wrote:
Quote:

The article is wrong and you are right. The first light novel volume was indeed released July 30, 2016 (amazon jp link for reference; 転生したら剣でした 1 (GCノベルズ) Tankobon Softcover – July 30, 2016 )

Article author might possibly confuse it with the first compiled manga volume which came out in Japan April 24 2017...

Sounds likely, because only the manga is published by Gentosha (the LN is from Micro Magazine).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:10 am Reply with quote
Sekaro wrote:
Why is everyone making such a big deal out of this? There's plenty of other isekai light novels that got greenlit for an anime adaptation. I thought this was par for the course like for a while now Laughing

yeah, thats weird, when i saw so many replies i expected this to be about the master thing, so i came prepared. the manga is your typical shounen and thankfully, having the sword being an isekaied person takes the place of the main character having random transformations, so its better.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:12 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Sounds likely, because only the manga is published by Gentosha (the LN is from Micro Magazine).

Well, they corrected the date in the article. But left 'Gentosha', when it should be 'Micromagasine Inc'. as the publisher of the novels, as you said. Even in the correction info.. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4