• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Blade Runner: Black Lotus

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:12 pm Reply with quote
So it ends and I'm just glad it's over because it was really pedestrian.

Even some of the bad anime we get every season can at times still be messily entertaining.

The best episode was the final fight between Joseph and the Blade Runner. Joseph at least had more interesting backstory than the lead, the Blade runner was also the most interesting antagonist. Their fight scenes were also more grounded and not overly martial arts choreographed and his fall to his death was an inspiring visual moment. That episode was the only time I felt like the show lived up to the franchise name.

I couldn't care about anything else. Davis didn't really do much. What was the point of her character other than to find the bodies in the desert? What did that accomplish? You could have cut her out of the show altogether and nothing would change. Wallace Jr. was meh, a far cry from Vellinue's character and in my mind actually diminishes him. I refuse to believe they are the same guy. That guy was intimidating and I'd sooner believe he'd actually replace his own eyeballs. It is hilarious to imagine him sitting there cutting open a replicant or intimidating Deckard while seething at the thought of anime Black Lotus being the last thing he ever saw.

I don't see a season 2 coming from this. I'll be highly surprised if it happens, but doubt I'll be back unless I'm hearing otherwise. I had a thought briefly pass in my mind that they might opt to try making a Dune series next. I hope not, but I'll also be highly amused.
upyjm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2022 11:25 pm Reply with quote
At the end of the episode when Elle is flying into the sunset on Joseph's flying motorcycle, who is on the other flying motorcycle on the right, flying towards her?
Adamb15

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:14 pm Reply with quote
upyjm wrote:
At the end of the episode when Elle is flying into the sunset on Joseph's flying motorcycle, who is on the other flying motorcycle on the right, flying towards her?

yes please someone answer this. I didn't like the series much. i would believe if it was a screw up.
SrkSano

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:19 am Reply with quote
Adamb15 wrote:
upyjm wrote:

yes please someone answer this. I didn't like the series much. i would believe if it was a screw up.

I think it's just that another Blade Runner chases after Elle, and with the rules of how the Blade Runner universe works it's practically a given that this would happen at some point.

Like we know that Wallace Jr. is in Blade Runner 2049 but Elle isn't. At this point her fate is up to you, she either manages to live on the run or gets taken out. This may have been done to tease another season, but I don't think it needs one.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3