• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zero no Tsukaima's Yamaguchi Confirms He Has Cancer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Would people be pissed if it's another series that they can't finish?
Kohii

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
jojothepunisher wrote:
I would say "cure" is too extreme of a word here, nothing can completely cure cancer with our current technology in medicine.

But dude, you only got 2 more volumes to go! YOU GOT TO FINISH IT BEFORE YOU DIE!

There are lots of different types of cancer some are curable some are not. It depends on where you get it and how fast you discover it. I had a particularly nasty variation and I've been cured since age 4 and I'll be 29 this year.

You're a very lucky person. A very lucky one out so, so many.
SongstressCela

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:07 am Reply with quote
Gods, I love his work so much. Dx I've got my fingers crossed, especially since he's young. My grandfather had prostate cancer in his late 70s and he's in his mid 80s now with absolutely no signs of anything left. Here's hoping Yamaguchi will pull through too!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
ITTOU RYOUDAN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:33 am Reply with quote
Get better soon, Yamaguchi-sensei.
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Not a fan of the novels (or anime adaptations), but pull through Yamaguchi. You can do it!
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Poor guy, hope he can get through it and live out the rest of his life, I definitely wish him luck in this battle. Never read/seen Zero no Tsukaima, though.

Tomibiki wrote:
Haaaaaaaaaaasa Diiiiiga Eeeeboowaaaaiii!

That's Ugandan for "no worries", right? Wink
paowlyme

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:23 am Reply with quote
What is the difference apart from the location (do not include the symptoms) What are the possible rates for a 15 year old to get breast cancer and a 15 year old to get breast tissue cancer? I really need to know if my friend is lying to me, I only found out yesterday the she had it.

Last edited by paowlyme on Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:11 am Reply with quote
jojothepunisher wrote:
I would say "cure" is too extreme of a word here, nothing can completely cure cancer with our current technology in medicine.

But dude, you only got 2 more volumes to go! YOU GOT TO FINISH IT BEFORE YOU DIE!

By curing it they likely mean being able to remove the growth from his body so that he won't have it trouble him anymore. Might, because a few cells might have metastasised somewhere else to start another growth or he could develop a totally new tumour.
JaffaOrange

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:17 am Reply with quote
paowlyme wrote:
What is the difference apart from the location (do not include the symptoms) What are the possible rates for a 15 year old to get breast cancer and a 15 year old to get breast tissue cancer? I really need to know if my friend is lying to me, I only found out yesterday the she had it.

When different cells mutate they can result in different cancers and can mutate in different ways. Some tissues are more prone to mutation than others.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2