• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Stocks

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:36 pm Reply with quote
HI! Well my question is, what companies that release anime or manga in america i.e. adv, pioneer, bandai, cpm, viz etc... are publicly traded on the ny stock exchange, because i will do a thing in my economics class this year about the stock market, and i was wondering if there were any anime companies that when we do this simulation of the stock market i could buy stock in. Thanks for any info you might have.
Dark Nero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I think you just asnwered your own question in a way. All you have to do is go to a finace site e.g yahoo.com finace section and search up bandai pioneer etc etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Gekigangar3 wrote:
HI! Well my question is, what companies that release anime or manga in america i.e. adv, pioneer, bandai, cpm, viz etc...

My understanding is that ADV is held by private individuals.
TOKYOPOP is held by a group of investors.
4Kids is on the NYSE, symbol KDE.
Pioneer is PIO but that's for Pioneer in general. I don't know if there's a way to invest for Pioneer Entertainement specifically.

i don't see anyone else offhand, although i only took a quick look around. i'm sure someone with more financial knowledge than i will come along...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gekigangar3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:00 pm Reply with quote
thanks both of you, now just so this thread doesn't turn into some weird flame war or something, could you close the thread cookie, that would be awesome. well ok...bye
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately you can't invest in Pioneer Animation, it's no longer owned by Pioneer (PIO). Dentsu is the owner of Pioneer, and you may be able to find it on the stock market, not sure.

As for other companies, Manga Entertainment is privately owned, AnimEigo is privately owned, FUNimation is privately owned, Viz is owned by Kodansha and Shogakugan,
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
Dentsu is the owner of Pioneer, and you may be able to find it on the stock market, not sure.

According to their FAQ, Dentsu's on the Tokyo Stock Exchange. They began offering "15-20%" of their stock to public holders back in late 2001. Keep in mind, though, they're the fourth-largest ad agency in the world, and Pioneer Entertainment is but a small speck on the Dentsu radar screen.
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Isn't Manga still owned by Palm Films? I know there's been talk of selling it, but I hadn't heard that that was final.
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 1:44 pm Reply with quote
As of their panel at this past BAAF, the sale has been completed, and Manga is owned by a group of private investors.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1