• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam Seed Destiny Coming to YTV

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kolibri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:12 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
If it were at least realevant to that then fine. But it just seems like Everybody is just taking this opportunity to bash it.

Personally I've found this discussion fascinating and relevant.

I always thought Gundam's target audience was robot-crazy adolescent boys (like in the other thread that Nagisa locked), and I've been impressed with the articulate and intricate analysis about the series and the fandom. It's very interesting.

As for the relevancy - I think it's totally relevant to discuss the series in this thread. I want to know people's opinions before checking it out (and I will do, it's just that my expectations are extremely low - but it's going to be sandwiched between series' that I'm gonna watch so only thing I can lose is half an hour of my life). You shouldn't be so sensitive to what people think about your favourite series - like what you like and be confident and proud of it, if someone else doesn't it's nothing off you. Believe me I know how it feels - not only is my favourite series is bashed all the time too but in addition most of my fellow fans act like idiots, still I don't go around arguing with people every time they say something I don't agree with.
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quote
Anybody in the U.S. who's interested in seeing GSD, it will be airing on anime selects next month on Comcast video on demand.
Dark Chi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote
Ein007 wrote:
If Gundam Seed Destiny is coming out in Canada, when is the release for it in the United States then.

It's airing on Anime Selects on VOD in March in the US.
http://www.animeselects.com and click on their schedule link.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:40 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
If it were at least realevant to that then fine.

It is relevant. Discussions on YTV's scheduling practices (as we have also seen in this thread) and on the merits of the show itself would both be relevant to this thread, so to say our discussing the show in question is irrelevant just because we aren't all happy happy sunshine about its coming to North American TV isn't exactly true, or fair. If we don't like the show, we have a right to say so, especially (as in the case of our Canadian members) when it apparently comes at the sacrifice of better shows like Eureka Seven and Fullmetal Alchemist.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's still very likely that Inuyasha will be getting the boot and that the whole schedule will be rearranged to accommodate GSD in the 9:30pm timeslot, but it will likely be at least 2-3 weeks before we know for sure what the schedule is going to look like.

If anyone is concerned about the outcome, the best thing to do right now would be to e-mail YTV at [email protected]. I'm not sure if they'd actually leak the info to anyone so soon, but at least people can express any worries they might have. Personally, I'm still hoping that Inuyasha will move to 11:00pm so we can be rid of Monster Warriors, but that expectation has been unfulfilled quite a few times before.
coolGAL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Gregole wrote:
I'm pretty sure they will replace InuYasha and not Eureka 7 and maybe change a few timeslots.
I sure hope so because InuYasha is really getting old.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:

I'd also find it strange people could hate the U.C. sagas...that's classic Gundam that introduced all of the awesome archetypes, so why would people move against that? It's almost like One Piece and Naruto fans moving against Dragonball.

I suspect a lot of it is simply its age. The animation isn't as flashy and colorful and just looks older than more recent series. Or there may simply be something in other series that they like more. Maybe a bunch of empty (and terribly flawed) philosophying in Wing or the genetics issues in SEED (a topic very relevent to today and a bit easier to grasp than the newtype stuff) is simply more appealing and they feel a need to put down the series that lacks said appealing factors.

That and, well, its the internet.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
I suspect a lot of it is simply its age. The animation isn't as flashy and colorful and just looks older than more recent series.

Honestly, I think it's kind of condescending to think that people are critical of UC stories simply because of their age. I do legitimately think that Fukuda, at his best, is a better director than Tomino. While Tomino is a very good at conceptualizing, I find his execution tends to be a bit lackluster in most of the UC TV series, which was especially apparent in Zeta.

Regardless of the universe, the OVAs still tend to be better than any of the TV series', as far as I'm concerned.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:01 am Reply with quote
I don't mean to say that EVERYONE has that oppinion simply because of its age, just that it may account for a good chunk of it. People certainly have legitimate reasons for liking one over the other, but I suspect a lot of the ones who simply love to rail against the U.C. series have other issues and that age may be a large factor. The last I checked, you didn't take every chance you had to blast the U.C. series. Wink
kolibri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
If anyone is concerned about the outcome, the best thing to do right now would be to e-mail YTV at [email protected]. I'm not sure if they'd actually leak the info to anyone so soon, but at least people can express any worries they might have. Personally, I'm still hoping that Inuyasha will move to 11:00pm so we can be rid of Monster Warriors, but that expectation has been unfulfilled quite a few times before.

Well, I did and just got a reply back. Not too much info, but they did say they'll be moving Eureka 7 to 11 pm slot (and reruns at 2:30am E/P) Sad It's obviously nice that they're keeping it around, but 11 pm slot severely sucks - no word on what's happening with FMA slot, maybe they'll start reruns immediately...
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
OUCH

Can you please copy and paste the segment of the e-mail that states this?
kolibri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Can you please copy and paste the segment of the e-mail that states this?

Sure. I'm sorry I can't reproduce the awful font and colours too Wink

Quote:
Hi there,

Thanks for your email!

Eureka Seven will be airing at 11pm E/P & 2:30am E/P beginning Friday, March 9 on YTV!

Additional Eureka Seven information can be found on our website http://www.ytv.com/programming/shows/eurekaseven/. Also, for up-to-date schedule information check out http://www.ytv.com/programming/schedule/. Please remember that all schedules are subject to change without notice.

Thanks for watching!

YTV Viewer Relations Department

Of course the web site doesn't have the new information yet, but probably next week. If you PM me your email address I can forward it to you.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:27 pm Reply with quote
Ah, no worries. I also got a copy and already reported it on my site. I'm glad the show is getting an encore, but... ouch. I am disappointed that it's getting shafted so late rather than IY or FMA reruns.

Oh well, it's still better than what happened to Case Closed. It's also better than what's apparently happening with E7 in the US, where it's apparently getting pushed back to 1am.
Eric Brian Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:57 pm Reply with quote
I have seen both Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny; I video taped Gundam Seed, what makes things interesting for me is that I am creating a Gundam Seed Future Worlds game prototype that incorporates things from Star Trek, Gundam Seed and Destiny as well as from Voltron DOU into the game. I have already created a game box, playing pieces and some rules for the game.

When I was watching the Gundam Seed it gave me the impression of both Seed and Destiny it was possible of happening on our planet and solarsystem. Nobody had ever explored the Glenn Children going out into our further solarsystem and developing bases on Jupiter, Saturn and even perhaps Pluto. In an alternate timeline, Zefram Cochrane invents the Warp Fold-Impulse Drive engines for both the Gundam Seed Mobile Suits and the Capital Warships flying our solarsystem but go into our galaxcy.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:46 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately a 3 year old article isn't really the place for this. Plus, this seems to be some kind of ad for your game, which really isn't relevant for the thread anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3