• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2011 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Key

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:10 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
edit: actually...i just remembered but im surprised noones reviewed bakuman 2 since i remember it being one of the highest rated anime during last fall and i was expecting someone to review it or is it cause MB licensed it?

It falls into the same category as the Marvel Comics-based superhero series - i.e. it's prelicensed, so we won't be covering it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:11 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
...or is it cause MB licensed it?

That's exactly why they haven't.
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:54 am Reply with quote
There was some mumbo jumbo Zac mentioned a few pages back about what story and plot are. As far as I'm aware, a director attempts to create a story in his audience head through plot devices. Director actually has no control over what story is because it's just the audience interpretation of plot devices.

Now the criticism if I am reading correctly is that Nasu uses too many "weak" plot devices? I'm not saying he's a flawless writer, but I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say most of his plot creations are unnecessary and weak. When I account for the 25 episode factor, I suspect more of the moderate skeptics will convert as Fate/Zero progresses.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:23 am Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
Now the criticism if I am reading correctly is that Nasu uses too many "weak" plot devices? I'm not saying he's a flawless writer, but I think it's a bit of an exaggeration to say most of his plot creations are unnecessary and weak. When I account for the 25 episode factor, I suspect more of the moderate skeptics will convert as Fate/Zero progresses.

Nasu doesn't even have anything to do with Fate/Zero other than giving his "Approval" of the story content. This is written by Gen Urubuchi.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:02 am Reply with quote
Just watched episode 2 of Fate/Zero, though I wished Niconico won't make it so incredibly hard to find the episode. For anyone esle in trouble the link is:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1318050152

This and Mawaru Penguindrum are pretty much set to be my 2 favourite anime from this season. Slick animation and engaging story. Also pretty sad that according to posts MajiKoi ep2 really did turn back into a harem (just when I made the first step at trying out a different genre T-T)
cyberbeing

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote
momogoldfish wrote:
Just watched episode 2 of Fate/Zero, though I wished Niconico won't make it so incredibly hard to find the episode.

Don't you mean incredibly easy to find the episode Wink
http://ch.nicovideo.jp/channel/fate-zero

Every Saturday @ 8:30AM PDT / 11:30AM EDT / 3:30PM GMT (Sunday 00:30AM JST / 4:30AM NZDT) on the dot, the channel link above will be updated with the new episode.

Press Release: animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2011-09-20/aniplex-and-nico-nico-douga-present-fate/zero-streaming-worldwide
Tarofex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:54 am Reply with quote
Is it wrong to like Ben-To ~because~ it's stupid? lol
Tarofex

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:27 am Reply with quote
C3 episode 2... wow what a complete shift in mood. If you wrote off this series due to the rampant chiches found in the first episode I suggest you watch the second episode before making a judgement. Finish the episode, don't just stop it five minutes in... Twisted Evil
Botan24

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Gingin wrote:
But the reason why her homing shot missed was actually kinda clever!

I've seen just as clever ploys in other, and better, stories.

maaya wrote:
Botan24 wrote:
Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. What an appropriate title for a show that really has no story.

Heh. Luckily we still got Last Exile ... which will hopefully turn out good.

Yes, I am looking forward to Last Exile, but with reservations. It may be hard to top my expectations for this "sequel", because I think the original was excellent. One of my favorite parts about the first one are all the characters, right down to the vanship mechanics. Some weren't very fleshed out, but everyone was lovable and entertaining. That's what I'm hoping for this time too Smile
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Tarofex wrote:
C3 episode 2... wow what a complete shift in mood. If you wrote off this series due to the rampant chiches found in the first episode I suggest you watch the second episode before making a judgement. Finish the episode, don't just stop it five minutes in... Twisted Evil

That is pretty good to hear. I wanted to watch the show, but was really debating giving it a shot after seeing the reviews of the first episode. Maybe I should...

Majikoi - Oh! Samurai Girls! seems surprisingly decent, and Ben-To seems more surprising and more decent. I will probably watch these two, along with Persona 4. That leaves me 3 shows to watch from this season so far (still considering Horizon; going to wait until I hear more about later episodes, and will probably give Guilty Crown a shot assuming it gets decent reviews).

Edit: I think Shana 3 looks good too, but I haven't seen the first 2. I may give the original series a shot.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:23 pm Reply with quote
No word yet on whether or not C cubed will introduce a new character, Dick in a Box.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:25 pm Reply with quote
caught c3 ep 2.... what the hell just happened.. . I love it.. it pulled some dark sh** out of it's a** from no where....I haven't been this fooled since higurashi.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
caught c3 ep 2.... what the hell just happened.. . I love it.. it pulled some dark sh** out of it's a** from no where....I haven't been this fooled since higurashi.

I'm surprised that this is actually surprising to anyone.
It's like, nobody even bothered to watch the first PV that came out 4 months ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpwTw7E46A4
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:56 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Kirkdawg wrote:

Nasu doesn't even have anything to do with Fate/Zero other than giving his "Approval" of the story content. This is written by Gen Urubuchi.

Oops, you're correct that's my mistake.

But, that is besides the point otherwise.
opn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:07 pm Reply with quote
just finished episode one of future diary its not subbed yet but i read the manga and i have a idea what their saying. spoiler[wow i am shocked they revealed a certain situation relating to yuno was not expecting that.] the music was pretty good as was the animation. despite it cramming three chapters into one ep it was paced nicely and its a monthly manga so i was surprised. its going to take getting used to yuki's sieyuu but it will grow on me. overall very good episode and will of course stick with it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 26 of 43